Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 14 • Port v Sydney Swans @ Adelaide

Veterans List
    Apart from the second quarter I'm pleased with how we played especially considering Port Adelaide had their best team in.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Daisi View Post
    yeah, maybe we've found a good back man from this game. I think we matched them in the mids and played well in the back, in the second half, we just didn't have the forward firepower.
    If only we can get that frustrating ability to kick to an opposition defender when going forward and in the clear out of our game. No shortage of culprits.

All in all a much better effort than last week against the top side on the ladder so can't be too disappointed even though we all expect a top effort week in week out.

A quiet one from Rowbottom who's had a big month so can't be too critical. Florent was better in the 2nd half but he needed to be because he was non existent in the first half. Horse obviously changed things up at half time and it seemed to work reasonably well so that's a positive.

Clarke wasn't bad today but I'd like to see more of the kids and the possible future of our team play for the rest of the year, we need to look to 2021 and beyond now.

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

Still enough to like about that performance. Vastly improved on last week. J Mac was good I thought. Mccartin down back. Joey much better. Allir best game in a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandridge View Post
    Premierships aside, that win was probably the most stirring South Melbourne/Swans win I've seen. And I go back to the early 60s.
    That game was the start of our incredible culture

Round 14 • Port v Sydney Swans @ Adelaide

Bell has a happy knack of popping up for a goal too. And his attack on the footy is excellent. Would persist, think he could be a solid player long term.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Can we give Bell a spell in the 3rds. I knew that would spur him on
    Under 19s?

Yes I'm much happier this week than I was last week. I think that was a good all round effort with McCartin and Aliir in the second half being the big positives. I like Rowbottom, I think he'll be a good player for us and it looks like Kennedy is getting match fit. Although I think we're looking at a 3-5 year plan for finals and GFs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Prophetic.
    Law of averages.

the 50th team in soccer can sit back and make the best team in soccer win 1-0

is everyone serious we didnt do that today ?

I rarely saw our midfield break ahead of the contest to receive the attacking handball ?

did you ?

we have recruited Taylor, Grey,Clarke and Thurlow etc

What did these 4 players do to help us move into the top8 today ?
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Quote Originally Posted by Sandridge View Post
    Premierships aside, that win was probably the most stirring South Melbourne/Swans win I've seen. And I go back to the early 60s.
    Yes, one of my favourite games.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark26 View Post
    In response to Auntie's question, I'd much rather COR and Stephens, but we don't know the reasons for their omission.

I'd be happy if we did not play Clarke again. IMO he is way to negative when he gets the ball. He almost never takes the game on, likes dishing off a backwards handball or throws up a floating kick which allows intercept marks.

Thurlow was a good inclusion into the mids when he came in, but has been quiet the past couple of games.
    Does anyone know Thurlow's contract status?

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast