Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Changes for Round 15 against Melbourne in Cairns

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    OUT: Bell, Clarke, Sinclair
    IN: Amartey, Gould, Ling

Mostly based on players I would like to see in the side. I don't have strong feelings about selection going into this part of the season, except that I would like to see players who we have not already decided to delist get a look in before the season runs out.
    +1

McInerney needs to improve his disposal. He can run but so could Jack Hiscox. He's as bad as Clarke but at least Clarke has a physical presence.

Thurlow has gone missing again. I doubt he can play consistent footy, which is a shame because he can look good when playing well.

Florent, Rowbottom and Blakey were all MIA yesterday. It's been a while since Florent has had a game worth talking about. At least Blakey has improved since his dropping and Rowbottom has been great all year.

Ins Stephens McLean Florent
    Out McInerney Thurlow Gould (Cunningham and Dawson play in midfield / forward)

I'd like to see Gould play as well just out of curiosity. I wonder if he has been a bit of a victim of there being no real reserves games. Perhaps 12 v 12 and 15 v 15 games mean that there is a lot more space for forwards and suits quicker more nimble players.

Suspended by the MRP
    Few passengers to sift through from the last match.

Thurlow, Bell, McInerney, Florent, Hayward, Blakey, Wicks... Wicks perhaps saved by his 7 tackles. I am not sure what else he offers though.

In - Whoever has been performing in reserves. Or what is left of the reserves.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Dawg View Post
    McInerney needs to improve his disposal. He can run but so could Jack Hiscox. He's as bad as Clarke but at least Clarke has a physical presence.

Thurlow has gone missing again. I doubt he can play consistent footy, which is a shame because he can look good when playing well.

Florent, Rowbottom and Blakey were all MIA yesterday. It's been a while since Florent has had a game worth talking about. At least Blakey has improved since his dropping and Rowbottom has been great all year.

Ins Stephens McLean Florent
    Out McInerney Thurlow Gould (Cunningham and Dawson play in midfield / forward)
    McInerney seems to run until he can't don anything with the ball, because he has too many opponents around him. He needs ti find a solution to his disposal inaccuracy. He's young and shows plenty of dash, so I'm willing to give it time.

Thurlow had a strange game. He kept giving off dinky handballs when we really need him to run and kick long. It was like he didn't want to have the football in his hands. For him to be effective, he needs to run the lines and use his long penetrating kick. I don't understand why he doesn't do this consistently. He's not a good decision maker, which may be what's holding him back. I really don't know what we should do with him.

I don't think Florent has gone missing, but he hasn't contributed in a way we need him to. Again, it's been very ordinary disposal which has been the culprit. A few precise kicks to targets in a goal kicking position would do the trick. I'm not sure why it's not happening. He gets into positions where he's not kicking under much pressure. Needs to clean this us next year.

Maybe we should have better personnel delivering it I50. Last game 11 entries out of 40 were through Clarke and aliir. Not the kind of kickers who would expect to deliver it Correctly. Rowbottom 0 i50 0 clearances tells me he did not Have the usual role or did not play as well as He could. If We have Lloyd, Dawson, Rowbottom, Kennedy, and Blakey delivering atleast 40% of entries ... we may Have a bit better score.

It seems Florent is still playing the hybrid role. More outside than inside. For this role He is getting his hands on it Well enough but he needs to improve his decision making. He has been asked to move the ball at certain angles but seems to lack the composure at times. Petracca has shot up with his skills in the 6th year ! So Florent still has some time but to reduce the pressure on him Dylan Stephens needs to step up in the next year or so and maybe Campbell.
    Let’s put Clarke on Brayshaw and maybe Petracca when he is in the middle.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    McInerney seems to run until he can't don anything with the ball, because he has too many opponents around him. He needs ti find a solution to his disposal inaccuracy. He's young and shows plenty of dash, so I'm willing to give it time.

Thurlow had a strange game. He kept giving off dinky handballs when we really need him to run and kick long. It was like he didn't want to have the football in his hands. For him to be effective, he needs to run the lines and use his long penetrating kick. I don't understand why he doesn't do this consistently. He's not a good decision maker, which may be what's holding him back. I really don't know what we should do with him.

I don't think Florent has gone missing, but he hasn't contributed in a way we need him to. Again, it's been very ordinary disposal which has been the culprit. A few precise kicks to targets in a goal kicking position would do the trick. I'm not sure why it's not happening. He gets into positions where he's not kicking under much pressure. Needs to clean this us next year.
    Reckon Thurlow panics a bit in traffic. Been around a while. I'd let him go despite his kicking prowess.

Unless he does something pretty special in the final few games of our season, I think that Thurlow will be delisted. With list sizes likely to reduce there will be quite a few others go as well. We have turned over around 10 each season since 2017 and I expect that to continue. A lot of fringe players must be worried at present.

Might get lambasted here, but I don't think Melican is up to AFL footy as a FPB anymore. Since his injury he's just too slow. I'd persist with McCartin down back, break out game for me. Also we have Brand on the sidelines, who looked quality in his first few games.

I'd also like to see Lewis Taylor have another crack at it and Stephens back in.

For me I'd like-
    OUT: Melican, Thurlow
    IN: Taylor, Stephens

Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    Might get lambasted here, but I don't think Melican is up to AFL footy as a FPB anymore. Since his injury he's just too slow. I'd persist with McCartin down back, break out game for me. Also we have Brand on the sidelines, who looked quality in his first few games.

I'd also like to see Lewis Taylor have another crack at it and Stephens back in.

For me I'd like-
    Surely Stephens for Bell?

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post

For me I'd like-
    Agree, he pulls out a handy game every now and then but loses contact with his opponent too often. Mc Cartin anticipated where the ball was going. Amazing how it works. When playing forward he drops marks due mostly to body contact and knocking of his arms. Down back he doesn't have that pressure and marks cleanly. Maybe they should play Melican forward.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast