Thread: Changes for Round 15 against Melbourne in Cairns

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by barracuda View Post
    Surely Stephens for Bell?
    Surely.

Regular in the Side
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Aprilbr View Post
    Unless he does something pretty special in the final few games of our season, I think that Thurlow will be delisted. With list sizes likely to reduce there will be quite a few others go as well. We have turned over around 10 each season since 2017 and I expect that to continue. A lot of fringe players must be worried at present.
    I dont think you can sack Thurlow on one bad game, even though he may have limited chances left. Longmire has hinted that Gould will get his first game this week. I would also like to see Amartey given a go.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Agree, he pulls out a handy game every now and then but loses contact with his opponent too often. Mc Cartin anticipated where the ball was going. Amazing how it works. When playing forward he drops marks due mostly to body contact and knocking of his arms. Down back he doesn't have that pressure and marks cleanly. Maybe they should play Melican forward.
    I take it you’re joking Re: Melican forward but that exact idea popped into my head earlier today. Based on little other than Mccartin looked really good down back and if he stays there we need another tall up forward , but hey, worth a shot ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    I take it you’re joking Re: Melican forward but that exact idea popped into my head earlier today. Based on little other than Mccartin looked really good down back and if he stays there we need another tall up forward , but hey, worth a shot ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No joke. Thinking a bit laterally. As far as I know he has always played defence. Reverse the McCartin move, and given that Melican has the turning circle of the Queen Mary, he might just make a lead up forward.

Senior Player
    No joke. Thinking a bit laterally. As far as I know he has always played defence. Reverse the McCartin move, and given that Melican has the turning circle of the Queen Mary, he might just make a lead up forward.
    I don’t see the need to bring Melican forward when McLean looks pretty good up there.

I agree with this. Even if one of the moves works it's a win.

If they play McCartin back then it needs to be for the rest if the year, not a half game here or there. That will do nothing for his development or confidence.

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    I hope they keep Melican in the team. He seems to me to be a footballer first, then an athlete, if that makes sense.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Maybe they should actually play Fox, Melican and McCartin as the 3 "talls" down back and play AA and Sinkers in the ruck/fwd, for the rest of the year. With AA as main ruck and Sinkers giving a chop out. Or even give McLean or Knoll a crack in that fwd/ruck role.

I reckon that’s right. I think McLean got 3 goals in the scratch game and he was always a bit stiff to get dropped.

Bell out, McLean in.

McCartin down back with aliir and Melican with fox to play as a stopper on their small forward. Wicks to go as the defensive small forward instead of Bell.

Regular in the Side Velour&Ruffles's Avatar
    Colin Hounsell?

The Colin Hounsell, or member name chosen to honour The Colin Hounsell?
    My opinion is objective truth in its purest form

Suspended by the MRP
    With a condensed fixture, I wonder if we will rest any younger players, or perhaps give the rest to the veterans instead?

Regular in the Side MightyBloods's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    With a condensed fixture, I wonder if we will rest any younger players, or perhaps give the rest to the veterans instead?
    Rest who are sore.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast