Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Round 15: the other games.

Round 15: the other games.

Since the new round starts this afternoon, it's time to start this thread. First game is Hawks v Crows. I suspect I'm not the only one here, who doesn't want see respected former Swan, Mathew Nicks, endure a winless season. So what better time for an upset win? I mean, the contrast in the press conferences would be fun to watch. A relieved and elated Nicks, versus a bitter and twisted Clarkson. Might be more entertaining than the game itself. Directly after that is the Eagles v Bombers clash. While Eagles fans have annoyed more than Bombers fans, in the past, there's something appealing about a much lauded Essendon side, yet again missing the finals. So, go the Eagles.

Wednesday night it's Tigers v Dockers. I actually do enjoy watching the Tigers game style, but I'm starting to weary of them winning so much, so, I think I might barrack for the underdog here.

We take the field against the Demons, in a twilight Thursday game. I like our chances of an upset. Melbourne have battled their way into the eight, with a few hard fought wins. You can sense the gathering optimism of their fans. It is in those circumstances, that the Demons like to throw in an unexpected and mystifying shocker. Here's hoping. The other game on Thursday is Giants v Blues. This is the sort of clash, that I really shouldn't watch, as I'll only be sitting there, hoping for injuries and suspensions.

Round 15 ends on Friday night, with Lions v Pies. Looking at our upcoming draft picks, it's actually good for us if the Lions start losing: since our third round pick is tied to the Lions. But still, I can't see myself going for anything other than a Pies loss.

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Since the new round starts this afternoon, it's time to start this thread. First game is Hawks v Crows. I suspect I'm not the only one here, who doesn't want see respected former Swan, Mathew Nicks, endure a winless season. So what better time for an upset win? I mean, the contrast in the press conferences would be fun to watch. A relieved and elated Nicks, versus a bitter and twisted Clarkson. Might be more entertaining than the game itself. Directly after that is the Eagles v Bombers clash. While Eagles fans have annoyed more than Bombers fans, in the past, there's something appealing about a much lauded Essendon side, yet again missing the finals. So, go the Eagles.

Wednesday night it's Tigers v Dockers. I actually do enjoy watching the Tigers game style, but I'm starting to weary of them winning so much, so, I think I might barrack for the underdog here.

We take the field against the Demons, in a twilight Thursday game. I like our chances of an upset. Melbourne have battled their way into the eight, with a few hard fought wins. You can sense the gathering optimism of their fans. It is in those circumstances, that the Demons like to throw in an unexpected and mystifying shocker. Here's hoping. The other game on Thursday is Giants v Blues. This is the sort of clash, that I really shouldn't watch, as I'll only be sitting there, hoping for injuries and suspensions.

Round 15 ends on Friday night, with Lions v Pies. Looking at our upcoming draft picks, it's actually good for us if the Lions start losing: since our third round pick is tied to the Lions. But still, I can't see myself going for anything other than a Pies loss.
    Interesting motivations, but since you've started it, I'm torn between wanting Hawks to win to shore up our draft position and wanting them to lose to see Clarko have the biggest ever dummy spit... although leading into the game he has already said wins aren't that important.

Not sure what I want to happen in the Bombers game. Yes Bombers miss finals. What about JD? another blinder? I think I'd rather low game time and a complete shutdown by the Weagles defence.

I'd happily take a win over the Demons, but don't think its likely.

Lions to feast on the lukewarm Pies would be a fitting conclusion though.

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Interesting motivations, but since you've started it, I'm torn between wanting Hawks to win to shore up our draft position and wanting them to lose to see Clarko have the biggest ever dummy spit... although leading into the game he has already said wins aren't that important.

Not sure what I want to happen in the Bombers game. Yes Bombers miss finals. What about JD? another blinder? I think I'd rather low game time and a complete shutdown by the Weagles defence.

I'd happily take a win over the Demons, but don't think its likely.

Lions to feast on the lukewarm Pies would be a fitting conclusion though.
    When Clarkson says that wins aren't important, does that mean that he's tanking?

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    When Clarkson says that wins aren't important, does that mean that he's tanking?
    He has brought back some experience so no tanking tonight I reckon. Nicks was a very good player for us who was just a bit past it in 2005. Would love to seem Crows win and if so, full Clarkson press conference will be compulsory viewing.

Crows going alright so far!

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Crows going alright so far!
    Yes, come on the Crows!

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    He has brought back some experience so no tanking tonight I reckon. Nicks was a very good player for us who was just a bit past it in 2005. Would love to seem Crows win and if so, full Clarkson press conference will be compulsory viewing.
    Yes, Nicksy was a very good player for us and I'd love to see him get his first win against the dirty nappies.

Crows by 22 at 3/4T. They're having a red hot go and deserve the win.

Hang on Crows!! Want to see the Clarkson/Kennett showdown!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sandridge View Post
    Crows by 22 at 3/4T

Hang on Crows!! Want to see the Clarkson/Kennett showdown!!
    Could have done without that goal on the siren, but the Crows should hang on, if they don't go too much into their shells. A couple of goals should seal it.

The only half decent Hawthorn player under 29yo that they have drafted is James Worpel. Everyone else has been recruited from another club. And look where they are. Is the Hawthorn way the best way to build a team? I don't think so.

I really hope the Crows win from here. You can see how much it means to them and their coach.

Nicksy is pumped!!!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast