Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 15: Swans v Demons @ Cazaly's

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    On $800k per year!

I'm on the Gold Coast en route to home in Adelaide, couldn't get the game here but will have it recorded for me when I get home, nice :-)
    Savour Mcinerney’s second qtr. whole game really but that one was pretty special .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like all our wins this year, I thoroughly enjoyed that. I like we are still trying to maintain our ability to defend gallantly as the basis for our game, but are gradually adding flair and pizazz with the ball. I really feel we are just beginning to see some really good green shoots from a policy of trying to pick more natural footballers with good decision making in recent years. It is going to be up and down for a while, but the signs are all there that we are not going to be hanging around down bottom for long....

Awesome game from McInerney tonight - I enjoyed watching him in ressies a few times last season, but tonight was the first time he really looked seriously at home at AFL level. That gorgeous pulled kick into the pocket - a thing of beauty.

Clarke deserves a lot of credit too - he did well tonight. And we are just beginning to see just how potent Blakey is going to become in time around the ground. 16 touches and most meters gained on the park tonight - his left boot when he kicks through the ball is lovely to watch. He and Dawson are going to be key cogs in years to come - they both have an ability to break open the play. We could use a right footer of similar quality however.

My highlight moment for the night however didn't lead to anything, but that passage in the third where Rowbottom just bulldozed his way through a bunch of players I just love how he plays the game - I have no doubts we have an absolute star in the making in him. Nice clever finish for the opener too!

After a rat@@@@ week at work, tonight was just what the doctor ordered - well done Swans!
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AB Swannie View Post
    Well done Swans. Much prefer to watch us win and see the development of players like McInerney, Wicks, and McCartin than worrying if we have pick 3 or 5. Experience in wins is infinitely more important than experiencing losses.
    Bingo.

That’s how Melbourne became Melbourne.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    On $800k per year!

I'm on the Gold Coast en route to home in Adelaide, couldn't get the game here but will have it recorded for me when I get home, nice :-)
    Grand larceny.

Quote Originally Posted by rickmat View Post
    I get the shakes every time Clarke goes anywhere near the ball. Does not add any value to the team.
    Best game I’ve ever seen Ryan Clarke play. His disposal has improved 1000%.

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotpotato View Post
    I love Blakey’s penetrating left foot missiles.
    This team is almost unrecognisable from a year or so ago.
    How does Sydney do this ?
    How? Going to the draft and playing the kids we pick. When the kids have got 100 games of experience they'll be the nucleus of a very good side.

There are only two clubs in the competition that have used exactly one first-round draft pick in each of the last four seasons. Sydney is one of them. North Melbourne is the other. Keep an eye on the Roos. They've had a shocker this year due to injury (16 players out last week) but I reckon they're maybe a year behind us. I'm looking forward to knocking them off in the 2025 Grand Final, as payback for 1996.
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Regular in the Side
    Blog Entries
    I think Macca proved he can play and is starting to read the game much better. Impressive second quarter. Second half a bit sloppy but I have often noticed that when teams have played in Cairns. You would Imagine that with Isaac Heeney, Buddy Franklin, George Hewett, Dane Rampe, Naismith, C Mills that we would be a half decent side. I did use the word "Imagine" .

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    I like this from the match report on the AFL website:
    Have the Swans found a key back for the future?
    Tom McCartin's move to defence was initiated at half-time last week and continued from the outset against the Demons. And like he did in the second half against Port Adelaide's Charlie Dixon, the 20-year-old looks well and truly at home in defence. With Callum Mills (calf) a late out, the Swans threw his replacement Hayden McLean forward and kept McCartin in defence. While he was been used as a defender earlier in his career, it's a move John Longmire can consider as permanent.
    We have a good record of recruiting forwards who play out their careers starring in defence. Leo Barry and "Reg" Grundy are two examples. Will McCartin join them?
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Shaker View Post
    I like this from the match report on the AFL website:

We have a good record of recruiting forwards who play out their careers starring in defence. Leo Barry and "Reg" Grundy are two examples. Will McCartin join them?
    I think he has the potential to be an AA defender but it will all depend on how much we need him forward. Personally, I like him back and McLean forward.

Even though we've only had 5 wins thus far, we've managed to score a win in each state!

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    Drop that sweet caroline nonsense Daisi and I totally agree

I like how we are trying to play the game, and I'm liking that when it clicks, we play some nice attacking footy when we have the ball. There is a lot to like about what we are trying to do with the way forward - and the signs are good that our list is beginning to shape nicely. Plenty of gaps to work on, but I'm enjoying the ride, even with the awful performances thrown in at times.

I've got a good feeling we are going to really enjoy watching this team develop in coming years
    - Ahhhh- just stirring with 'Sweet Caroline'- LOL

Two guys I want to give credit to who want show up in the stats sheet are Fox and Hayward.

Fox has quietly won his one-on-one battles regularly slotting in nicely in our team defence structure. Only 3 possessions but 8 tackles if you don't mind.

Hayward is playing such a tough, team game lately. He cops a bit on here but I reckon he is playing as a defensive forward stopping the intercept mark and doing a terrific job.

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast