Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Round 16: the other games.

Round 16: the other games.

Round 16 starts tonight with North v Port. It would be nice if another coaching ex-Swan could score an upset win, but I can't really see that happening. Not with respective injury lists of 16 players versus 3.

Tomorrow, the Saints should further test Clarkson's ability, to come up with reasons why somebody else is to blame. While the Eagles v Bulldogs clash should be a cracker.

We take on Carlton on Tuesday night. Sportsbet has us at $2.35 outsiders. Which seems fairly generous, consider how inept Carlton's attack was, for much of the game against the Giants.

The final game of the round, Suns v Lions, might end up being the best. Should be both attacking and intense.

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Round 16 starts tonight with North v Port. It would be nice if another coaching ex-Swan could score an upset win, but I can't really see that happening. Not with respective injury lists of 16 players versus 3.

Tomorrow, the Saints should further test Clarkson's ability, to come up with reasons why somebody else is to blame. While the Eagles v Bulldogs clash should be a cracker.

We take on Carlton on Tuesday night. Sportsbet has us at $2.35 outsiders. Which seems fairly generous, consider how inept Carlton's attack was, for much of the game against the Giants.

The final game of the round, Suns v Lions, might end up being the best. Should be both attacking and intense.
    I really hope the Saints dismantle the Hawks! I don’t mind the Saints, a few of my good mates are long suffering fans and I normally go to a few games with them. Plus a real belting would almost send Clarko over the edge I reckon !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Yes, and I suspect that we're not the only ones, who are enjoying Clarkson's descent into bitterness. Which is sort of interesting. Some it's a bit of a shame, to see the decline of the successful, but at other times, many people just lap it up. I guess, to a large extent, it depends on the personality of the formerly successful. Arrogant at the top and whiny on the way down, is probably not going to attract a huge amount of sympathy.
    100%. Between their fans and their coach I don’t think I’ll lose too much sleep over the demise of the hawks.

Strange how sometimes you can correct a typo, via your mobile, but at other times, the attempt just deletes your post?

But hey, the original is preserved in mb's reply. All I wanted to do, was to change 'some' to 'sometimes'.

Having just watched the Butters hit on Simpkin, I'll be disappointed if he doesn't get at least a couple of weeks. Flying raised elbow to the head, with absolutely no attempt to tackle; which left Simpkin dazed and staggering.

Veterans List
    Saints and Hawks in a close one at the moment. Go Saints, don't let those Dawks win.

To those screaming 'No, our draft position will be compromised!'.....shame on you!

Veterans List
    Saints by 14 pts over Dawks.....as much as they've improved this season, I can't see them having much influence in the finals.

Cats really should smash Essendon....plus no Joe today. 'Managed'......mmm. This makes sense I suppose.....with Joe.....my 'mmm' was motivated by 'we'll see if he plays net week'.

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Saints by 14 pts over Dawks.....as much as they've improved this season, I can't see them having much influence in the finals.

Cats really should smash Essendon....plus no Joe today. 'Managed'......mmm. This makes sense I suppose.....with Joe.....my 'mmm' was motivated by 'we'll see if he plays net week'.
    Cats looking very good so far. Just wonder whether they’re peaking too soon, as they have a tendency to do !

Hawkins is unstoppable at the moment !

Essendon should be forced to take performance enhancing drugs before they are allowed to play another game. Not the fans, nor the commentators should have to endure such a pathetic show.

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Essendon should be forced to take performance enhancing drugs before they are allowed to play another game. Not the fans, nor the commentators should have to endure such a pathetic show.
    Yes. I know we've put in a few shockers this year but the Bombers are truly awful today.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Absolutely beautiful work by the Cats. Really dislike the Injectors, long may they languish in the bottom half of the ladder and long may Dododoro be their recruiter, has made a hash of their list for 20 years, lovely :-)

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast