Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 17: the other games. Are we there yet?

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    Nah screw the eagles ! I’m on the Saints ! Astonishing the anti Vic bias to warrant Barracking for our greatest modern rival ! Wow
    Yeah, I was on the Saints as well.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandridge View Post
    Understand some anti-Eagles sentiments here. After all, they beat us in the 2006 GF by a point when so many of their players were getting medicinal help. However, as a Victorian, my reasons for disliking some Victorian clubs go back many, many years. I've never met a St.Kilda supporter I like and there's been plenty of St.Kilda players over the years that have been thoroughly objectionable. And Shane Warne barracks for St.Kilda. More than happy to see the Eagles send them packing.
    Re St Kilda: yep.

The only Victorian side I can stomach winning is Melbourne, but only because they're so hapless and benign.

I used to have some time for North, the team supported by my late grandmother (the first person I knew who followed Australian rules), but that ended after their supporters' vociferous booing of Goodesy.

Also the Bulldogs, but the 2016 GF experience ended that, obviously

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    Eagles have a few players out so this is the Saints chance to win. Personally I hope they don't!

What's happened to Jetta?
    Jetta is 31 now. Hard to believe I know!

If we have to back a non Vic team, surely the Lions?

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Another game with a heap of frees for high contact. I can't recall a season where there has been so much high contact.
    Gulden 171cm buzzing around in front of goals, a monty for high frees :-)

GWS faltering has put real interest into the final couple of spots in the eight. What looked like becoming a juggernaught is slowly starting to crumble and the re-signing of Leon Cameron for another two years? This year is the first time in their existence they don't hold a very strong draft hand with multiple first rounders.

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Gulden 171cm buzzing around in front of goals, a monty for high frees :-)

GWS faltering has put real interest into the final couple of spots in the eight. What looked like becoming a juggernaught is slowly starting to crumble and the re-signing of Leon Cameron for another two years? This year is the first time in their existence they don't hold a very strong draft hand with multiple first rounders.
    Next week, the Saints v Giants match could be for the final spot in the eight. I'd probably go for the Saints in that.

Veterans List
    Nah screw the eagles ! I’m on the Saints ! Astonishing the anti Vic bias to warrant Barracking for our greatest modern rival ! Wow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It's not anti Vic, I'm from Victoria. When you have been around arrogant saints supporters like I have you will never want them to win (except maybe against the Hawks 😋). After our loss to them this year I copped it badly 🙁.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    It's not anti Vic, I'm from Victoria. When you have been around arrogant saints supporters like I have you will never want them to win (except maybe against the Hawks ). After our loss to them this year I copped it badly .
    Fair enough. I only know long suffering Saints fans and I wouldn’t begrudge them some success. Do you know any Eagles fans, from my experience they have an intense dislike of us from the rivalry years.

Veterans List
    Norf being Norf again today.....down 60-21 half way through the third. Freo seem a much better team under the more attacking Longmuir.

Veterans List
    Fair enough. I only know long suffering Saints fans and I wouldn’t begrudge them some success. Do you know any Eagles fans, from my experience they have an intense dislike of us from the rivalry years.

Don't know any Eagles fans. All I know is they like to boo everything!

After today's loss, Essendon's season is officially over. Aww.
    And with the Demons leading the Giants, the live ladder has them in 8th and the Giants down in 10th. If the Giants don't start playing a whole lot better, this might be the final game of Mumford's career. I don't really like his chances of avoiding a suspension, after a rugby style, swinging stiff arm tackle, left Oliver dazed. He's not going around next year, is he?

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    After today's loss, Essendon's season is officially over. Aww.
    And with the Demons leading the Giants, the live ladder has them in 8th and the Giants down in 10th. If the Giants don't start playing a whole lot better, this might be the final game of Mumford's career. I don't really like his chances of avoiding a suspension, after a rugby style, swinging stiff arm tackle, left Oliver dazed. He's not going around next year, is he?
    He also belted Gawn in the back of the head pretending to go for the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    He also belted Gawn in the back of the head pretending to go for the ball.
    Yes, I noticed that. Though they usually don't suspend people for that. It seems to be more a source of amusement, for the ex-players that make up most commentary teams.
    Enjoyable game to watch, though.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast