Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 18: the other games. Get out your calculators.

Hanners playing tonight off a limited preparation. What’s the chances he makes it thru unscathed? About 50:50 is my guess.

Regular in the Side
    Frees 10 - 1 in favour of Saints at the moment

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rb4x View Post
    Frees 10 - 1 in favour of Saints at the moment
    11 - 4 at half time. Are the Saints this year's Fairypuppies?

Quote Originally Posted by Sandridge View Post
    11 - 4 at half time. Are the Saints this year's Fairypuppies?
    I think so. The commentators have a lot of love for the Saints too. On a brighter note, it is a sweet thing watching GWS get smacked.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Hanners playing tonight off a limited preparation. What’s the chances he makes it thru unscathed? About 50:50 is my guess.
    He's gone ok. Something wrong with culture of Giants. Folded far too easily. Big names often don't fire a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    He's gone ok. Something wrong with culture of Giants. Folded far too easily. Big names often don't fire a shot.
    Very insipid performance. Didn't kick a goal in the second half. While they were missing

- - - Updated - - -

a couple of their best players, in Davis and Ward, they still had a heap of high end talent.

Not sure what is up with the Giants.

Giants tried to play an ultra attacking game, which is actually pretty easy to pull apart if you know it's coming. All very predictable. After half time, GWS knew they couldn't make finals so threw in the towel. A bit like the grand final.

They haven't looked settled this year. Whether it's covid or something else, only time will tell.

They have to get a ruckman. Majak daw?

Woeful season from the Giants. What do they do from here ? I’d rather be a swans fan to be honest. Luckily I am !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't believe Leon Cameron got a new contract. Sure, they have had some injuries but with the players at his disposal, they should comfortably be entrenched in the 8.
    The impression I get is that their players are arrogant and think all they have to do is walk out onto the park and they will win because they are do much better than everyone else. It's likely Cameron and his coaching staff believe this as well.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Not sure what is up with the Giants.
    Maybe their players aren't as great as the common perception of them. Even the guys that have left. It's
    not as if any of them have exactly tore it up year after year, and won premierships at their new clubs.
    They did seem to be lacking a consistent collective intent this year though.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Very insipid performance. Didn't kick a goal in the second half. While they were missing

- - - Updated - - -

a couple of their best players, in Davis and Ward, they still had a heap of high end talent.
    Who are starting to approach retirement and often injured now.

It may just be (fingers crossed) that Cameron has squandered by some measure the best list ever assembled. Will be very interesting to watch player movement from GWS in the next couple of months, quite a few haven't signed on yet.

Whilst they may grab some early picks by trading out recently acquired first rounders (Hateley, Caldwell, O'Halloran) for the first time ever they are not entering the draft holding multiple first rounders.
    Last edited by 707; 19th September 2020 at 09:42 AM.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast