Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 18: Swans v Cats

Quote Originally Posted by SwanSand View Post
    The game plan is exquisite. The foot skills are good. Mcinereney, Dawson, Stephens, and Rowbottom. I think we just need 2 preseasons and some hardened bodies in the middle. And we would absolutely flying ... I am convinced. Florent needs to improve foot skills otherwise he may be on the outer in 1-2 years
    Hard not to like how we are trying to play the game. Still plenty of gaps to fill, butt here is a lot to like about.

And please Horse, make McCartin our long term CHB.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Veterans List
    An honourable loss.....damn it! Great effort Swans.....deserved to win.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Would have been interesting to see whether Rowbottom’s shot was on target

So with Hawthorn’s big win we end 16th and Pick 3.

Wow. Good game. Three away some chances but you’ve got to take confidence out of that heading into the off season. Would’ve preferred the win but slightly compensated with pick 3 ahead of the Hawks.

Ah well. Still a mighty effort With a man down for most of the game. Wasted opportunities in the second probably cost us in the end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great effort today, yet got us the perfect result too in terms of the draft, but a wonderful effort. We should take enormous heart from that game today - if anything, it showed the way we are trying to play the game is the right one, and with some luck, good recruiting and good development we won't be down the bottom for too much longer.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Veterans List
    Roll on 2021.....a lot to like about the way we finished this season off. Hopefully Covid improves enough to get pre season training and players lives in general back to a more normal place plus a productive draft (and trade period) and we can take on next season with a lot of confidence.

It's been a surprisingly fun season this year. I've enjoyed watching our young players develop and there are promising signs for the next few years if we can hang onto them.

I've had fun... and I am soooo looking forward to being at the SCG again next year.

Thanks to everybody here for their contributions, I love being here and reading all the comments. There are some really knowledgeable and great fans on this site.

Till next time...cheer cheer.

I can't wait for season 2021

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post

And that is to be honest the biggest win out of it all. Pick 3 means in 99.95% of likely scenarios, we are going to have a live pick before we have to worry about the academy boys. That'll feel like a bonus pick at the very tip of the draft. Will be really interesting to see what our strategy will be now we have pick 3 - if it was me, I'd be taking the best Forward or Forward/Ruck we can get (Logan McDonald perhaps), as I can't see in what world you wouldn't be gluing McCartin's marker at CHB on the whiteboard. The kid has poise and reading of the game like a 200 game veteran!

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post

Perfect day, Hawks win, we have very honourable loss and rise to pick 3 which should now ensure we get a player before Campbell and Gulden, perfect result

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Daisi View Post
    It's been a surprisingly fun season this year. I've enjoyed watching our young players develop and there are promising signs for the next few years if we can hang onto them.

I've had fun... and I am soooo looking forward to being at the SCG again next year.

Thanks to everybody here for their contributions, I love being here and reading all the comments. There are some really knowledgeable and great fans on this site.

Till next time...cheer cheer.
    Strange that a 5-12 year can be deemed 'fun' but i've felt that too. Really enjoyed the ride. Some great signs, but ultimately cruelled by injury. I firmly believe if we had Buddy for rounds 1-8 and Heeney for the entire year we would have made the finals. Just lacked that bit of poise, polish and the ability to finish off our attacking moves.
    It's very hard to live in a studio apartment in San Jose with a man who's learning to play violin. That's what she told the police when she handed them the empty revolver.
    The Scarlatti Tilt - Richard Brautigan

Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast