Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Finals: Week One. Aww, yeah, I suppose that I care.

Finals: Week One. Aww, yeah, I suppose that I care.

Finals start tonight, with Port v Geelong. I tend to favour Port in this one. Although it did take me most of the season, to start thinking of them as a genuine premiership contender. Possibly because they were often our easybeats in past seasons, or maybe because they have a history of not so good performances in AFL finals? But now, I'm grudgingly thinking, that since they've been on top of the ladder all season, then they probably deserve a win or two. And I don't really know where Geelong are at. We looked the better side, for much of our final game, before a quick burst put them a couple of goals in front. So what is their true form?

Tomorrow night it's Brisbane v Richmond. A few seasons ago, I was quite pleased for the long suffering Richmond fans, when they jagged an unexpected premiership. But alas, their continued success is starting to grate on me: so go the Lions.

Saturday twilight is St Kilda v Western Bulldogs. While I never really held a grudge against the Bulldogs, for the umpiring that they received in 2016, their blatant chucking has been irritating me this year: so, go the Saints.

On Saturday night, it's West Coast v Collingwood. Hmmm. You know how I opened this thread, by saying that I suppose that I care? Well, in regards to this game, I genuinely don't.

Teams I'd like to see win would be pretty universal I think. Port, Brisbane, Saints, and Weagles.

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Port v Geelong. Don't really care but would prefer Port.

Brisbane v Richmond. Don't really care but would prefer Brisbane

St.Kilda v Western Bulldogs. Thoroughly dislike both. Is there any way they can both lose?

West Coast v Collingwood. Really, really really want Eagles!

Quote Originally Posted by Sandridge View Post

St.Kilda v Western Bulldogs. Thoroughly dislike both. Is there any way they can both lose?
    Alas, the closest to that would be multiple periods of extra time. One team loses on the night and the other team is so buggered, that they're almost certain to lose next week.

Senior Player
    Finding it difficult to get very excited.

I'd like to see Brisbane go well. I'd like to see the Dogs beaten resoundingly. That's about it for strong feelings.

The rescheduling has placed the GF on the weekend of an annual family camping trip for us, so unlikely to see it. Guess I'll watch a replay if it turns out to be a classic.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Alas, the closest to that would be multiple periods of extra time. One team loses on the night and the other team is so buggered, that they're almost certain to lose next week.
    Don't get the hate for the Saints. Can't think of any reason for it. Know a number of Saints fans. Mild compared to most others.

Veterans List
    I differ a little because I have always liked Geelong (Dad was Swans and Mum was Cats), so for me it's Cats, Lions, Saints and Eagles.

I'm actually getting strong positive Cat vibes for tonight's game too.

If we jump forward to the flag....it's Lions or Saints for me (that my hopes, not my tips).

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Don't get the hate for the Saints. Can't think of any reason for it. Know a number of Saints fans. Mild compared to most others.
    I’m with you. Saints fans are mostly harmless. I’m rooting for them to go well, would prefer the Lions to be premiers with saints maybe runners up. Port next. No other palatable result for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Veterans List
    Yesterday the front page of the Herald Sun said that the 5 Victorian teams are primed to bring the premiership cup back home. So I want a non Victorian team to win just to annoy the Vic bias. Although I'm ok with Geelong winning for my brother.

I've previously posted my dislike for the Saints due to what I've copped over the years from their supporters. Richmond supporters have become unbearable since 2017. The Collingwood dislike needs no explanation. And the Bulldogs I have had a dislike for since the pinching, scratching and scragging from the 90s... plus what happened in 2016. I have had to keep this quiet as I have many relatives (including my mum) that support the bulldogs!

Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    I’m with you. Saints fans are mostly harmless. I’m rooting for them to go well, would prefer the Lions to be premiers with saints maybe runners up. Port next. No other palatable result for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm also going for a Lions premiership. Oh, @@@@! Am I becoming a Queenslander?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    I'm not sure how serious anyone is being, in their expressed dislike for other teams?? Except for Hawthorn, of course.

My wishes are that Geelong don't get past a prelim and preferably go out in straight sets. Other than that I don't care much but perhaps biased towards teams who haven't had much success, especially recently.

I actually kind of like and respect Geelong but not the Scott brothers, and that's enough for me to wish them to lose while C. Scott remains their coach.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    My wishes are that Geelong don't get past a prelim and preferably go out in straight sets. ......

I actually kind of like and respect Geelong but not the Scott brothers, and that's enough for me to wish them to lose while C. Scott remains their coach.
    Yep, that does it for me as well. So - Go Port!

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast