Thread: Nick Blakey trajectory

Nick Blakey trajectory

Nick Blakey | AFL

Nick calls himself a midfielder and the most similar type of player I can think of at the same age was the Bont.....with the Bont already at the peak of his powers though and a fair way ahead in game dominance.

2016 All Australian at 20yrs of age Marcus Bontempelli midfielder inside, outside, HFF when resting and has gone on to receive 2 x more AllAust's

Will Nick be best suited to play a similar role to the Bont? Inside, outside, HFF resting?

Nick looked like he may have been seriously struggling with that shoulder the last 6 rounds or so but he started to get some more real inside game time this season and a wicked kick from some clearances. With Nick and Dawson floating around together that is a lethal left foot kick combo coming into our forwards to mark.
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    Nick Blakey | AFL

Nick calls himself a midfielder and the most similar type of player I can think of at the same age was the Bont.....with the Bont already at the peak of his powers though and a fair way ahead in game dominance.

2016 All Australian at 20yrs of age Marcus Bontempelli midfielder inside, outside, HFF when resting and has gone on to receive 2 x more AllAust's

Will Nick be best suited to play a similar role to the Bont? Inside, outside, HFF resting?

Nick looked like he may have been seriously struggling with that shoulder the last 6 rounds or so but he started to get some more real inside game time this season and a wicked kick from some clearances. With Nick and Dawson floating around together that is a lethal left foot kick combo coming into our forwards to mark.
    I think he showed in the last half of the season midfield is his position. He will never be able to build the muscle to be a KPF (look at his father for bloodlines). He may not have that extra moment Of spacial awareness the Bont seems to have (not many do) but he has the speed, smarts, kick and grab to be an elite midfielder