Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Preliminary Finals: the little season that could.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    Gee thanks a lot Port Adelaide. Now we have to put up with Richmond in a grand final again!!
    Thought both teams were even but hate to be that guy ... But two game changing frees to Richmond in their forward 50 in the last quarter and pretty pro Richmond umpiring all round.

Over the Melbourne centricism

Senior Player
    Unfortunately (for us) a certain Toby Nankervis was a major factor in that win.

Sent from my SM-T805Y using Tapatalk
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    The most important factors in the Richmond win were (a) their superior field kicking and (b) their superior handling in the wet.
    I thought the umpires were OK on the whole.
    Not that I liked what I saw - I was urging Port!
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Quote Originally Posted by Scottee View Post
    Unfortunately (for us) a certain Toby Nankervis was a major factor in that win.

Sent from my SM-T805Y using Tapatalk
    Boak was a bigger influence. His last quarter he looked like he was on the take. Couldn’t hit a target. No intensity. So many port players looked like they were trying to lose that last quarter.

Quote Originally Posted by 09183305 View Post
    Boak was a bigger influence. His last quarter he looked like he was on the take. Couldn’t hit a target. No intensity. So many port players looked like they were trying to lose that last quarter.
    Quote Originally Posted by 09183305 View Post
    So many port players looked like they were trying to lose that last quarter.
    Huh? You mean Brad Ebert for example?

Who has announced his retirement after yet another concussion:

‘With the Tigers looking to put the game out of reach, Ebert went back with the flight of the ball to get a last-ditch fist on the ball before Riewoldt could mark the ball, but was left dazed after his head hit the turf following the spoil.’

AFL: Brad Ebert forced to retire after concussion in Port Adelaide preliminary final loss to Richmond

Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    The most important factors in the Richmond win were (a) their superior field kicking and (b) their superior handling in the wet.
    I thought the umpires were OK on the whole.
    Not that I liked what I saw - I was urging Port!
    Agree. (Unfortunately) Richmond were the better team on the night.

Senior Player
    Thought Port butchered their inside-50 advantage in the first half. Could have been 2 or 3 up with cleaner handling.

Pretty good game as a neutral observer, one of those where it was so tight, one side just had to be a little better for longer to take it. Tigers are good in those situations.

So it's all on the Lions as the non-Vic hope. Hope they go well, but suspect it might be a similar story...we'll see.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    I know, the novelty has certainly worn off. Good game though. Not for the faint hearted.
    It was a brutal game....and still a pretty good standard considering the conditions. A worthy final, just the wrong result.

BTW, loving the thread titles deja!

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    It was a brutal game....and still a pretty good standard considering the conditions. A worthy final, just the wrong result.

BTW, loving the thread titles deja!
    Yep, not for the fainted hearted out on Adelaide Oval last night. But it was a prelim, so they may as well not die
    wondering. Pity Port couldn't get up. With the six extra scoring shots Richmond missed a few opportunities as well.
    They are a very good team. Unfortunately.
    Smart move by Port and Brad Ebert for him to retire. Another year or two max of footy just ain't worth the
    long term risk to his brain. Someone needs to try to talk to Joel Selwood after the game tonight if the Cats lose.
    Last edited by KTigers; 17th October 2020 at 05:48 AM.

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    I thought it was a very entertaining game. Would've preferred a Port win but it was a terrific contest. And hardly any of that "chipping the ball backwards across your backline" stuff that drives me crazy. All out attack from both teams. A very enjoyable watch, even though the wrong team won.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    Thought both teams were even but hate to be that guy ... But two game changing frees to Richmond in their forward 50 in the last quarter and pretty pro Richmond umpiring all round.

Over the Melbourne centricism
    Agree. They seemed to ignore the obvious to Port. Then again Stevic was one of the umpires. What about bleeding obvious holding of Rozee after disposal that should have been a 50, and Richmond continually ran into the space, a metre from a Port player, who was ready to dispose after a free or mark.

By the way is Riewolt the biggest whinger of all time, and every time he is in a pack marking situation he obviously interferes with an opposition player.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post

By the way is Riewolt the biggest whinger of all time, and every time he is in a pack marking situation he obviously interferes with an opposition player.
    ....and then hits the ground and throws his arms in the air. The new Rance.....

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast