Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Preliminary Finals: the little season that could.

That was a cracking game last night. I too wanted Port to win, but it was not to be. The difference for me was that I thought the Tigers came out after half time and knew how to finish the game. They've been here before. They have a winning culture. Port caught a mild case of the fumbles. The class act of the game happened afterwards. Tom Lynch consoled a distraught young Port supporter. If I'm going to be quick to admonish the drop knee, then I'll do the same with his actions after the game. They'll be hard to beat if they are close at halftime next week.

Senior Player
    Richmond v Geelong would be annoying; for a start, either Chris Scott or Hardwick would win another premiership.

Come on Brisbane - make it an all feline encounter next week.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, an all feline encounter has already been ensured!

Reiwold is so out of form, he could be delisted at the end of the season.

Go Lions!

Tonight's match not on a par with last night so far.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    We're not seeing enough of Lions run and carry, while Geelong look like they've picked up where they left off.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Handy steadier by Cameron late. Can't believe the Cats players had the gall to vehemently argue the holding the ball decision. It would be handy though, if the Big O stops thumping the ball to the opposition mids. Bounce of the ball definitely going Geelong's way, as well.
    Hopefully the clearances will even up and the Lions start to stretch the Geelong defence.

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Great goal to Rohan!!

Veterans List
    Hmm looks like the AFL wants Brisbane in the grand final (for obvious reasons). They are getting a number of lucky frees and Geelong aren't being paid the obvious ones.

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    Hmm looks like the AFL wants Brisbane in the grand final (for obvious reasons). They are getting a number of lucky frees and Geelong aren't being paid the obvious ones.
    10 frees to 2 at half time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    They are getting a number of lucky frees and Geelong aren't being paid the obvious ones.
    I agree.

But I really want the Lions to win.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Handy steadier by Cameron late. Can't believe the Cats players had the gall to vehemently argue the holding the ball decision. It would be handy though, if the Big O stops thumping the ball to the opposition mids. Bounce of the ball definitely going Geelong's way, as well.
    Hopefully the clearances will even up and the Lions start to stretch the Geelong defence.
    2 x 360 is a free every time.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast