Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Preliminary Finals: the little season that could.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/518953/f...lag-dream-over

The Cats controlled this game.

Both the Cats and Brisbane we can learn from re the way the have recruited.

To be in the finals last two years and for the Cats rebuilding on the run with trading as their key focus for rejuvinating their list.

or as others have said.... we are still at a massive disadvantage to be able to trade in who we want being stuck up in Sydney?

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.afl.com.au/news/518953/f...lag-dream-over

The Cats controlled this game.

Both the Cats and Brisbane we can learn from re the way the have recruited.

To be in the finals last two years and for the Cats rebuilding on the run with trading as their key focus for rejuvinating their list.

or as others have said.... we are still at a massive disadvantage to be able to trade in who we want being stuck up in Sydney?
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    This finals series has somewhat dented the theory about home ground advantage.

In key ‘knock-out’ matches, Collingwood defeated West Coast at Optus, Richmond d Port at Adelaide Oval and Geelong d Brisbane at the Gabba. Each match in front of a crowd heavily dominated by home team supporters.

We might have to stop complaining about MCG home ground advantage in future years ......
    Settle down!

Gee Rohan was good last night.

We have Heeney playing that Rohan forward type role now, meaning he can't get into the midfield (where we are most struggling).

Was a mistake letting him go.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    This finals series has somewhat dented the theory about home ground advantage.

In key ‘knock-out’ matches, Collingwood defeated West Coast at Optus, Richmond d Port at Adelaide Oval and Geelong d Brisbane at the Gabba. Each match in front of a crowd heavily dominated by home team supporters.

We might have to stop complaining about MCG home ground advantage in future years ......
    Take it easy Meg.

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Settle down!
    Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    Take it easy Meg.

Well that sucked. Could be the first year I skip the grand final. Dislike both.

Upon reflection I hope the Tigers win the GF by 100 points plus and Chris Scott spontaneously combusts ...

... Whilst shaking hands with Dimma, who is collateral damage.
    Last edited by Markwebbos; 18th October 2020 at 10:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    Gee Rohan was good last night.

We have Heeney playing that Rohan forward type role now, meaning he can't get into the midfield (where we are most struggling).

Was a mistake letting him go.
    Having Buddy in the team was bad news for Rohan. Given some room at FF, he uses his pace to get into space on the wings, and his delivery has been great. Still tends not to stick all his tackles because of that pace, but certainly applies some heat. If he had been allowed to settle in that role, rather than having his magnet thrown around the board, who knows what he might have managed. I certainly think that putting the knock on him because of low disposal stats missed the point of the kind of player he is.

I really miss him, but also understand that it wasn't a case of us letting him go: he wanted to be in Geelong, just as Jetta wanted to be in WA, and I think that was great of the Club to not make those moves difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by O'Reilly Boy View Post
    Having Buddy in the team was bad news for Rohan...
    I really miss him, but also understand that it wasn't a case of us letting him go: he wanted to be in Geelong, just as Jetta wanted to be in WA, and I think that was great of the Club to not make those moves difficult.
    We definitely got rid of him not vice versa.

Veterans List
    Thought in the end Brisbane was soft. Appeared the break didn't help them and they made the mistakes of the inexperienced. I thought throughout the the season they were 1 year short. Maybe they played their GF when they beat Richmond.

I couldn't understand Rich's game. He is a prodigious kick but inexplicably wanted to short pass through the midfield, and made a couple of crucial errors kicking short when kicking out.

Lets hope we don't try to recruit McStay. He was useless and gave them nothing up forward.

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    We definitely got rid of him not vice versa.
    I also was under the impression that Rohan wanted to stay and we moved him on but realise I may have that wrong.

I don't usually subscribe to the "wanting ex-Swans to do well" thing. Once a player leaves our club I don't really care if they do well or not. However, I have a huge soft spot for Gary and would love to see him be influential next week.

Senior Player
    IMHO, we didn't get the most out of Gary. I thought he always looked most dangerous as a deep forward, and we kept playing him out of position. He lacked confidence under us, and I suspect it was related to being given a different role all the time. Geelong have given him a pretty clear brief, he's developed confidence and is performing well. It’s a shame.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast