Thread: Ryan Clarke 2021

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Ryan Clarke 2021

Ryan Clarke is a fascinating player to try and predict his future pathway at the Swans.

Will he be a best 22 tagger and or become our next in and under inside mid?

Total AFL games now 64 which has surprised me for a 23yr old that struggles a bit with skills and decision making.

2019 14 games for us and in 2020 played 10 of the 18 games.

I remember when Josh Kennedy was traded to us (11yrs ago)...... i saw a player with minimal skills and minimal dexterity but a big bodied, hard to move inside mid, project player for the Swans. Same age as Clarke when Kennedy arrived at the Swans ie 21yrs of age and has gone onto play 260 games and kick 150 goals which blows my mind. Who would have predicted Kennedys rise and rise and our Captain......not me !.......a big surprise.

Hewett and Parker i love winning the ball, but the team is better off for their decision making as second receiver from a contest / ruck because they use the ball so well and our players know where to spread to. We keep possession and can control field position.

Kennedy turning 33 in 2021 also makes for interesting theatre at the back end of a career and only one position on the field for Josh.

Draft Trumps: Ryan Clarke

Ryan Clarke | AFL
    Last edited by Auntie.Gerald; 21st October 2020 at 08:19 AM.
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"