Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 2020 trade period - all clubs

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    Appears Collingwood is going from bad to worse.

'Business decision': Nathan Buckley breaks silence on Collingwood trade exodus | Zero Hanger

well i must say that the straight talking Bucks did a good job in the interview at setting the record straight
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Veterans List
    AG, I thought he spoke eloquently but danced around the questions and at times spoke in riddles. What I got from his speech was that Collingwood acted dishonestly with Treloar from about 18 months ago. They convinced him to adjust his contract to a back ended one to help out with the cap, yet had him in the gun due to weaknesses in his game. A horrible way to treat someone. They knew they were going to shaft him when they signed Grundy to a 7 year contract. I think the word dishonest is being kind to them.
    Buckley talked about walking on the beach with him for an hour after the loss to Geelong and talking things through. Clearly from what he said Treloar had no idea what was coming. Little did he know Buckley and the club were going to throw him off the rocks into an impossible swell that he could not get out of.
    Buckley talked about it being a business decision, an easy cop out for an appallingly poor lack of leadership. In the end he sounded like a snake oil salesman.

I still don't know whether he took any responsibility for what happened.

There was innuendo about his wife which i found poor form and that his team mates wanted him out.

Then there is Stephenson. It is disgraceful how he was treated. To not have the guts to speak to him directly left me cold and for Chins to say they had ample time to talk about things in the hub is a cop out of great proportions.

There is another thing that I have learned about McGuire. A close friend of mine has been on Millionaire and a couple of other quiz shows and has kept in contact with like people. (he is a Collingwood supporter) You will recall how a contingent of AFL people flew to Queensland towards the end of the season, of which McGuire was one. Well, while he was there he recorded a number of "Millionaire" shows, I believe on the Gold Coast. Mmm, convenient: who paid for his flights, expenses and accommodation, the AFL or Channel Nine? Food for thought.

Veterans List
    Got some mail yesterday from someone with good contacts that Essendon is a basket case. Appears they were one of the clubs in the hub that didn't take their footy too seriously. On the turps and ready to party at any time. The reason Saad left due to "culture". Also Rutten is not well liked by the players with his autocratic style.

Also Collingwood let Stephenson go as they don't rate him any longer.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Got some mail yesterday from someone with good contacts that Essendon is a basket case. Appears they were one of the clubs in the hub that didn't take their footy too seriously. On the turps and ready to party at any time. The reason Saad left due to "culture". Also Rutten is not well liked by the players with his autocratic style.

Essendon have always liked the smell of their own flatulence!

Got nothing for Stephenson so that's a pick 6 bust for them. Always happy to see the Injectors and Pies struggle although the latter have Fat Chins and his love child Bucks to pull them through

Those would all seem to be reasonable rumours. Collingwood have indicated as such by their behaviour. Whether that's the right call, time will tell. He's young and clearly talented.
    The situation at the Bombers is very interesting. Rutten has a more top down approach than Worsfold, but the review decided to give more power to him and less to the players, based on alleged player feedback. Reckon 2021 is a make or break year for them, or a whole load more will walk.

A scathing critique of Collingwood's trade period: Clubs who don't learn from history are destined to repeat it.

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Those would all seem to be reasonable rumours. Collingwood have indicated as such by their behaviour. Whether that's the right call, time will tell. He's young and clearly talented.
    The situation at the Bombers is very interesting. Rutten has a more top down approach than Worsfold, but the review decided to give more power to him and less to the players, based on alleged player feedback. Reckon 2021 is a make or break year for them, or a whole load more will walk.
    Bombers have been saying publically that they gave the players too much influence after the doping scandal.
    I dont think its just Rutten, its driven from the top, and some players are going to get their noses out of joint about it. But it had to happen.

Veterans List
    Wow, the Treloar deal has got very messy with the Dogs and Pies not agreeing on how much Pies are contributing towards Treloar's salary over the five years of his contract. Seems there may not have been anything in writing when the deal was lodged with the AFL with a minute left on the trade clock!

AFL have given them until Friday to sort it out, juicy watching :-)

Veterans List
    Doesn't the AFL read through these last minute deals before giving it a tick. One of the 2 clubs is telling porkies.

Doesn't the AFL read through these last minute deals before giving it a tick. One of the 2 clubs is telling porkies.
    And should be fined or hit with a trade ban accordingly!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234