Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dawson, next Crows captain

Veterans List

Dawson, next Crows captain

Couldn't find a suitable thread to post this so -

Channel 9 Adelaide has Twittered that there's a leadership shake up happening at the Crows, Jordan Dawson has been added to the leadership group and is possibly being groomed as the next captain. Dawson will win their B&F according to fans, daylight second.

Given the dreadful state of their rebuild and the revolt by thinking fans, I'm not surprised by that

BF Adeaide site is well worth a read to gauge how badly things are going at the Crows. They may in reality only be marginally in front of Norf list wise. Stupidly the Crows at the start of the season (why do clubs do this?) extended Nicks contract a further two years to end of 2024!

I would have suggested the former players thread.

Why do you think Nicks is to blame for the Crows' poor state of affairs? If it's so bad surely the Head of Footy and the CEO (if not also the board) have to bear a lot of the blame? They still haven't recovered from whatever happened with that off-season camp it seems.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Can't stand the traitor and looking forward to Clarke strangling him when we meet them in a few weeks!

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Senior Player
    Not sure if this thread is going to do much for the "mental health" of RWO.

It does rub salt into the wound being forced accepting unders for an elite player and now potential future Captain, who may've also been the difference whether we become a serious premiership contender. Circumstances of his departure didn't help either. Had we got adequately compensated would've helped soften the pain somewhat and move on without the continual re-visiting (which I'm guilty of).

Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    Not sure if this thread is going to do much for the "mental health" of RWO.
    Agreed, because it's not like we didn't all know how much talent he had and he's looking like becoming a top 10 player in the league as far as his impact in games! He is a huge loss and the club knew it but the mongrel and the Crows basically forced our hand into a trade we'd never even come close to breaking even in.

A long, slow and painful rebuild at the Crows for Dawson as he watches his former teammates become premiership players would be suitable revenge for me.

When he was at the Swans he seemed pretty quiet and mild-mannered. I find it hard to imagine him as a successful leader.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by troyjones2525 View Post
    Agreed, because it's not like we didn't all know how much talent he had and he's looking like becoming a top 10 player in the league as far as his impact in games! He is a huge loss and the club knew it but the mongrel and the Crows basically forced our hand into a trade we'd never even come close to breaking even in.
    A few things here -

Crows are looking like bottom of the table for several more years, so little exposed talent on their list. It could be that in leaving us Dawson gets to captain a side that never plays finals in his time.

Let's see how we spend our Melbourne first rounder

If we had Dawson this year, we'd be top four, such would his impact have been over the 22nd player each week. It has hurt us but we move on and death ride the Crows

All good points. Hope they eventuate in our favour!

Quote Originally Posted by Aprilbr View Post
    A long, slow and painful rebuild at the Crows for Dawson as he watches his former teammates become premiership players would be suitable revenge for me.

When he was at the Swans he seemed pretty quiet and mild-mannered. I find it hard to imagine him as a successful leader.
    Ditto.
    His last-minute decision ended up costing us the loss of Hewett as well.

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Kafka's Ghost View Post
    Ditto.
    It certainly did.

Quote Originally Posted by Kafka's Ghost View Post
    Hewett was already on the trade table a year earlier. I don't think the Dawson defection influenced the Hewett decision. It was difficult finding a spot for Hewett in the midfield and he didn't do so well in other positions. He's playing great footy this year at Carlton, but there would still be the problem of fitting him into the side. We just have and excess of this type of player for our current game plan.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast