Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Expectations for 2021 season

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by gloveski View Post
    That’s really disappointing, go and support another team if you can’t take the good with the bad . I remember early 90’s wondering if my team would even exist soon . Then to witness 5 grand finals and 2 premierships since .
    Only five? Did you hibernate one year?

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Only five? Did you hibernate one year?
    Ah forgot the one against the Roos . Still skarred from that one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Suspended by the MRP
    That’s really disappointing, go and support another team if you can’t take the good with the bad . I remember early 90’s wondering if my team would even exist soon . Then to witness 5 grand finals and 2 premierships since .
    Unbelievable by some keyboard warriors

Thank you ! Instagram is crap but i ought to get myself one and tell some of these soft pricks about the Buckenara years !

And some of them are probably on here. Disgraceful.

I'm in the process of forgetting, that one we played, sometime between 2012 and 2016, I think it was?

Veterans List
    Just thinking about the thread title, expectations - like to finish in front of LOLNorf obviously, Crows because I'm in Adelaide so suffer saturation adulation Crows, buy your way up the ladder Saints, self importance entitled Pies, buy your way up the ladder (they know we're coming) Blues, 20 year running joke Injectors, the evil former empire now battling Hawks, that has us 11th as a minimum but like higher. Who have I forgotten?

Injuries are crueling us, hopefully things get better and we can push higher than 11th

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Just thinking about the thread title, expectations - like to finish in front of LOLNorf obviously, Crows because I'm in Adelaide so suffer saturation adulation Crows, buy your way up the ladder Saints, self importance entitled Pies, buy your way up the ladder (they know we're coming) Blues, 20 year running joke Injectors, the evil former empire now battling Hawks, that has us 11th as a minimum but like higher. Who have I forgotten?

Injuries are crueling us, hopefully things get better and we can push higher than 11th
    Suns, GW$, Freo. WCE

Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    Thank you ! Instagram is crap but i ought to get myself one and tell some of these soft pricks about the Buckenara years !
    Lol! You can finally put your cranky pants to good use

Veterans List
    Scarred bookends......1996 and 2016.

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    Unbelievable by some keyboard warriors
    I would make these keyboard warriors watch that game from 1993 when Brisbane were 20 goals up at half time, when Brisbane were second-last on the ladder at the time.

Some things these people need to remember:
    1. We have won two premierships this century. Half the teams in the competition have not won any.
    2. We have finished on top of the ladder three times this century.
    3. We have made the finals more times in the last 25 years than any other club.
    4. We are the only club that has not suffered a 100-point loss this century.
    5. We are not Carlton, who could open a soup kitchen with all the wooden spoons they've won this century.
    6. We are not Collingwood, whose infamous Colliwobble curse has already seen them lose four Grand Finals this century. Yes, we have lost three, but we have more premierships this century.
    7. We are not Essendon, who has currently gone longer without a finals win than any other club.
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Shaker View Post
    I would make these keyboard warriors watch that game from 1993 when Brisbane were 20 goals up at half time, when Brisbane were second-last on the ladder at the time.

Some things these people need to remember:
    1. We have won two premierships this century. Half the teams in the competition have not won any.
    2. We have finished on top of the ladder three times this century.
    3. We have made the finals more times in the last 25 years than any other club.
    4. We are the only club that has not suffered a 100-point loss this century.
    5. We are not Carlton, who could open a soup kitchen with all the wooden spoons they've won this century.
    6. We are not Collingwood, whose infamous Colliwobble curse has already seen them lose four Grand Finals this century. Yes, we have lose three, but we have more premierships this century.
    7. We are not Essendon, who has currently gone longer without a finals win than any other club.
    Agree. This is paradise compared to the early 90s and to many barren years when we were South.

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Agree. This is paradise compared to the early 90s and to many barren years when we were South.
    AND we have arguably the most exciting young list in the comp! When was the last time we could say that?? I wasn't alive then in any case!!