Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: Expectations for 2021 season

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Take care of yourself as well as your brother MightyBloods.
    Yes, thanks for sharing. An aching post. All the best to you, MightyBloods.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    +1

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    + 1. Stay strong, MB.

Sharing your happy time and sad times is part of what a community does. Like all others we feel your pain, stay strong and we will cheer loudly in honor. Take care and let footy bring good memories MightBloods. (I know that I get good memories for my father. (1933 - 2011)

- - - Updated - - -

PS

Swans to make the finals is my expectations. Please make this a reality Swans!

I reckon we will be agonisingly close. 10-11 is my prediction and the only reason we will not be there is because of the fact that we don’t have the cool heads to get us over the line in games that are close and to reduce the margin by which we lose against the top four.

Ball movement - We need a good ball movement plan to exploit the rule changes and if this clicks we may be closer to 95% margin which would be very very good. I know Don Pyke has helped with this but I thought our plan has changed from the last few weeks in 2020 when it looked amazing.

Goal kickers - we need to kick on average 12 goals each match - if we can somehow get ~ 30 each from Parker, Heeney and Papley and ~ 20 each from Dawson, Wicks, McDonald we may be in the games.

Kickers - somehow we need to create a plan whereby we can give the ball in the hands of Mcinereney, Dawson, Campbell, Rowbottom, Heeney when we are going in forward 50.

Who is our forward coach? Hopefully we get some good forward craft to create space and separation which has been poor and very difficult to watch for the last 2 years. Maybe this coincides with Franklin getting injured and not having A good target.

Rohan Connolly has us making the eight.

AFL 2021: This time, it’s anyone’s flag. No, really! | Footyology

And his reason why

https://footyology.com.au/rocos-magnificent-seven-premiership-hopes/

“I really liked the way Sydney finished off last season. I think they have a few kids in the shape of Dylan Stephens, Sam Wicks, Matthew Ling and especially Justin McInerney who can really catch opponents off guard this season, and I liked the look of draftees Logan McDonald and Braeden Campbell in pre-season. That’s in addition to Nick Blakey, James Rowbottom, Ollie Florent and Will Hayward. And without even mentioning Lance Franklin.“

In my opinion our chance of making the 8 sits with Franklin playing at least 12 games. He is/was a freak player with massive on field presence that can turn a game - do we remember what he did to a great West Coast side in the first round a couple of years ago?

Either that or Heeney finally turning it on.... the kids are good, really good, but we need the leaders to step up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    And without even mentioning Lance Franklin Chad Warner.“
    EFA

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    EFA
    EFA?

Quote Originally Posted by royboy42 View Post
    EFA?
    Edited for accuracy?
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Quote Originally Posted by Old Yella View Post
    In my opinion our chance of making the 8 sits with Franklin playing at least 12 games. He is/was a freak player with massive on field presence that can turn a game - do we remember what he did to a great West Coast side in the first round a couple of years ago?

Either that or Heeney finally turning it on.... the kids are good, really good, but we need the leaders to step up.

We seem to have all missed your first post. Nevertheless, welcome Old Yella!
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    EFA
    +1