Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 pre-season training

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Quote Originally Posted by The Runner View Post
    He's compared to Nick in his style of play. But having watched his highlights I'm not as convinced. I'd compare him more to Jeremy Cameron.
    I don't think he is much like Cameron in respect of him being able to take the big grab. Cameron is an out the back style of player first. this is his natural game. I think this bloke's game is beating his man one on one and also beating two when double teamed. for a young guy he is strong and uses his body well. He will be far bigger in body than Cameron. I would look at a Royce Hart, Jonno Brown but not as heavy, but the one he reminds me most of is Alastair Lynch.

Cameron, Hart, Brown or Lynch . I would take any of those players. Lets hope he can justify those comparisons in the future. He certainly looks very promising.

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Pouts a lot and looks for easy goals out the back?....
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Senior Player
    It's very hard to live in a studio apartment in San Jose with a man who's learning to play violin. That's what she told the police when she handed them the empty revolver.
    The Scarlatti Tilt - Richard Brautigan

I think the perspective of Jeremy Cameron here is pretty off the mark. I didn't watch much of his last two years, at the Giants became less interesting (ironically in their most successful finish to a season). But prior to that, Cameron would cover huge territory, hit packs, lead back to goal, crumb. He was the complete package as a forward.
    Perhaps he became more like Josh Jenkins over the past 2 seasons.

But my bet is that McDonald will resemble his early years

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Shaker View Post
    I was thinking about our players today after seeing the news. I feel for the players from WA.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    I was thinking about our players today after seeing the news. I feel for the players from WA.
    Did Logan's family come over with him?

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Dawg View Post
    Did Logan's family come over with him?
    They came with him originally - he mentioned the club flew them over.

I saw an article listing some players training with Clubs in the hope of being picked up. There was no names for the Swans. Does anybody know if we will have any extras like Paddy McCartin training with us in the off-season?

Quote Originally Posted by Aprilbr View Post
    I saw an article listing some players training with Clubs in the hope of being picked up. There was no names for the Swans. Does anybody know if we will have any extras like Paddy McCartin training with us in the off-season?
    We have a few who graduated from the Academy who will be suplimentry list players for our reserves team. I don't know if we have poached any players from SANFL, WAFL, TAFL ot VFL yet. Swans tend to be a bit closed lipped about that stuff. But I would be surprised if too many experienced ex AFL players end on the sup list. We are all about developing youth and ai think we will enlist those who have missed out on the draft. Certainly Pddy would be an option. But so will ex Academy boys, current academy boys and draft dodgers lol

Sent from my JAT-L29 using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast