Page 1 of 35 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 pre-season training

2021 pre-season training

Well, the 2-5 year players returned to training today. I wasn't there. Often they have the first time trial first day back - so we might hear more about that in the next day or two. If not, it'll be coming back soon - actually, maybe it'll be on the first day of training where the whole group is there (rather than just the 2-5 year players). Which could be next Monday? I don't remember - does anybody know? Normally there's a two week block for the 2-5 year players (or usually it includes the draftees and is 1-4 or 1-5 year players) before the whole group resumes. But I don't think they'll have time for that if they want the other players to get any training in before Christmas - and I'm pretty sure they do.

Today is the first day the group will have trained together since before we last played, on 20 September. According to Sam Naismith our last gym session was 17 September. So that's over 10 weeks ago. Is that a longer than usual break? Will be interesting to learn (if we do) who has returned in shape.

Please, if anyone gets to attending any training sessions, post some reports here!
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Suspended by the MRP
    My money for the time trial is on Stephens, Clarke or McInerney.

watch out for the "Hand Rampe".

all he has been doing is running i heard !
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Stephens should be first for sure. Clarke in the mix. I didn't realise McInerney was also a contender for best.

I'm interested to see if Dawson can reproduce his excellent performance of last year. Will we get another 15 PBs (or whatever it was)? That would be quite something.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    Stephens should be first for sure. Clarke in the mix. I didn't realise McInerney was also a contender for best.

I'm interested to see if Dawson can reproduce his excellent performance of last year. Will we get another 15 PBs (or whatever it was)? That would be quite something.
    Don't ask me, I was just going off the guys who have been noted frequently for their tanks. Dawson last year too, Robbie Fox, Jake Lloyd, Rampe could be. Also Zac Foot if he trains in the hopes of rookie-listing him.

There's some good video on Instagram if you follow them. Fox came first. Then came Ling, Ronke and Stephens.

It seemed like nearly all players are there, not just the 1 to 4/5 year players.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Molly dooker View Post
    There's some good video on Instagram if you follow them. Fox came first. Then came Ling, Ronke and Stephens.

It seemed like nearly all players are there, not just the 1 to 4/5 year players.
    So glad we're keeping Fox and this just reinforces that thought. Good to see Ling and Ronke coming on strong.....both know it's make or break for them next season.

Veterans List
    Compulsory for year 2-5 players, older players have longer off as per the CBA but can elect to return with the younger players if they wish. Always good to see players volunteering to return early.

Fox, Ling, Ronke, Stephens this week, expect there will be another 2km when the full squad gets together in the new year.

Veterans List
    Some training footage....

2nd to 5th year players return - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Thanks for that both of you. Couldn't find footage on Insta. But enjoyed the vid on YouTube. Didn't look like there were many senior players there that I could see - Tom Hickey was the notable exception. Ling looked sharp.

Well done Fox - he's really working hard to show he deserves his spot! And Ling - determined to make the most of his healthy body!

There's some good video on Instagram if you follow them.
    I found it. Not insta, Twitter: https://twitter.com/sydneyswans/status/1335823193735479303?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcam p%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet.

Looks like there were a few seniors there, although I don't know that they did the time trial. I saw Parker, Reid and Hewett.

Is it concerning anyone how far ahead Robbie Fox was ahead of the next best in the time trial?

Page 1 of 35 1234511 ... LastLast