Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 pre-season general footy chat

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    Quote Originally Posted by Industrial Fan View Post
    I’m predicting Essendon and Collingwood as big floaters for many years to come
    Collingwood - definitely. Bottom four next year is likely.

Essendon are harder to read. They may not make finals next year but they're not going to be getting the spoon either. They may well end up circling the drain in the middle of the ladder for a few years but I can't tell yet.

Another club that's facing impending doom is Geelong. There's only so many years they can keep fielding the oldest list in the competition before those aging stars are hit with injury and retirement. They may poach a few players from other clubs, but that will only prolong the inevitable. Will they get the spoon in a few years? Adelaide went from top in 2017 to bottom in 2020. Geelong finished on top in 2019 and made the Grand Final in 2020. Geelong spoon in 2024?
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Shaker View Post

Another club that's facing impending doom is Geelong. There's only so many years they can keep fielding the oldest list in the competition before those aging stars are hit with injury and retirement. They may poach a few players from other clubs, but that will only prolong the inevitable. Will they get the spoon in a few years? Adelaide went from top in 2017 to bottom in 2020. Geelong finished on top in 2019 and made the Grand Final in 2020. Geelong spoon in 2024?
    I agree, Geelong will fall hard, but it wont be for a few years yet... when the Dangerfields and Selwoods' retire is the tipping point. Getting Cameron should make them stronger in 2021.

Geelong contenders 2021, 2022. A chance 2023, wilderness 2024 and onwards.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    I agree, Geelong will fall hard, but it wont be for a few years yet... when the Dangerfields and Selwoods' retire is the tipping point. Getting Cameron should make them stronger in 2021.

Geelong contenders 2021, 2022. A chance 2023, wilderness 2024 and onwards.
    I reckon Geelong have been good at finding diamonds in the rough and they get paid well when they move the players on unlike us. I reckon they will have a strategy of drafting from the year after next and they will go down but not that low as they have a strong club with good people at the top.
    Collingwood on the other hand have realised 2021 is the last year in the Eddie cycle. 2021 or bust. They will retire a few players next year or the year after next but their downfall will come. Having said that they have drafted well last year and this year so may see some benefits of that.
    I think we are overestimating the impact of the loss of treloar and Stephenson and the morale of the team. They will do alright but they should have been contending this year and they will not.. they will again be the 6-12 ranked team which is not good enough for their list.

Senior Player
    Just wait for McChin's to resurface at the AFL executive level.

No person has done more to damage and hold back the national expansion of the game than Eddie McChin McGuire.
    That's the danger alright. Imagine a life without perpetual limelight.
    It's very hard to live in a studio apartment in San Jose with a man who's learning to play violin. That's what she told the police when she handed them the empty revolver.
    The Scarlatti Tilt - Richard Brautigan

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by snajik View Post
    That's the danger alright. Imagine a life without perpetual limelight.
    The man who destroyed the principle of conflict of interest. Deluded narcissist. All about Eddie.

Veterans List

No person has done more to damage and hold back the national expansion of the game than Eddie McChin McGuire.
    That's what I'm worried about too Barry. First he leaves his breakfast show and now this. Although there is the possibility he was forced out in both instances.

I have written an email to the AFL imploring them to not think about putting him up a level in their corporation/business.

I suggest many more emails of the like wouldn't hurt.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Molly dooker View Post
    I have written an email to the AFL imploring them to not think about putting him up a level in their corporation/business.

I suggest many more emails of the like wouldn't hurt.
    What's their email address?

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    What's their email address?
    This is the general enquiries email:

[email protected]

That will get to them.

It will be interesting to see if the Tigers dump Sydney Stack who's been arrested after another Covid breach in W.A.

What is it with boofhead footballers. Do they realize that they are not above rules and regulations.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    It will be interesting to see if the Tigers dump Sydney Stack who's been arrested after another Covid breach in W.A.
    WA police and courts take a hard line with Covid breaches. I see he was refused bail which is fair enough given he was supposed to be self isolating at a Northam (100k west of Perth) address but was partying in Northbridge which I think is Perth's nightlife district?

Got off lightly with Kebabgate on the Gold Coast but WA courts taking their toll on him. Think the Tigers might "let him go", just has no common sense.

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast