Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 pre-season general footy chat

Veterans List
    Eddie HAS resigned....and his first words were to make it all about him. "I try.....I always try."

Well dickhead, you don't try hard enough in the areas that matter.

A quote from that article:

“From the moment I became president of the Collingwood Football Club on my 34th birthday back in 1998, my sole motivation was to heal, unite, inspire and drive a new social conscience, not just into this club, but sport and the community in general, and build an organisation that would be a place for opportunity for all people,” McGuire said.

I wonder how often Eddie believes the words that come out of his mouth?

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    He can go spend his wilderness years chewing his way through his copious chins.

Good riddance.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post

“From the moment I became president of the Collingwood Football Club on my 34th birthday back in 1998, my sole motivation was to heal, unite, inspire and drive a new social conscience, not just into this club, but sport and the community in general, and build an organisation that would be a place for opportunity for all people,” McGuire said.

I wonder how often Eddie believes the words that come out of his mouth?
    The words just come out. He can't stop them. Next time I'm down in Melbourne I'm just going to go and hang out at the club and
    see if the spirit of healing, inspiration and opportunity he has imbued the club and the community in general with rubs off on me.
    It's been a tough time this last year, business has been a bit average and my handicap has blown out by a couple strokes despite
    playing more golf. It might be just the uplifting tonic I need.

Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    The words just come out. He can't stop them. Next time I'm down in Melbourne I'm just going to go and hang out at the club and
    see if the spirit of healing, inspiration and opportunity he has imbued the club and the community in general with rubs off on me.
    It's been a tough time this last year, business has been a bit average and my handicap has blown out by a couple strokes despite
    playing more golf. It might be just the uplifting tonic I need.
    Please, Mr McGuire, will you bless my baby??

Eddie, good quiz show host, s#!t bloke. See ya.

Now that Eddie's out of a job, I was thinking of hiring him to play the lead role in the next of my biographical movies on American presidents, called:

........ tRUMP

DDDzrqZU0AAYQuV.jpg large.jpg

I think there's a strong resemblance between Eddie and Donald in nearly all respects - physical appearance, attitude, self-esteem, self-indulgence, ignorance, and on and on.

We wouldn't need a film director: "Just be yourself, Eddie."
    We wouldn't need a script: "Just say whatever comes into you head, Eddie."

And Donald can stop running for President of the United States again. He can just take over for Eddie as President of Collingwood, in a like for like replacement.

I can see the Collingwood job ad now:

Seeking ignorant narcissistic racist for club president. Knowledge and common sense not required.

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post

The schoolyard bully finally realises he’s out of step with everyone else.

An arrogant man who thought that everyone who was different to him – whether it be gender, skin colour, religion or sexual orientation – deserved to be ridiculed.

Trump-like in the hugely inflated view of his own value and importance, his only saving grace is that he at least had enough awareness to know when he was no longer wanted.

Veterans List
    He said he was going to take leave from his media partners. I wonder whether his media partners had a word in his ear. He has a lot to lose given his ownership of media companies. No sponsors boards at the back apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandridge View Post
    his only saving grace is that he at least had enough awareness to know when he was no longer wanted.
    He was no longer wanted 20 years ago. Once a hundred people were pushing him out the door, his awareness finally kicked in.

Regular in the Side
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Eddie HAS resigned....and his first words were to make it all about him. "I try.....I always try."

Well dickhead, you don't try hard enough in the areas that matter.
    As soon as he made that comment that Adam Goodes should take the role of King Kong, he lost me for good. NO one in the TV /Radio industry would ever survive such a racist comment. I am glad that he has been punished for showing his true colours. Listen to what I say, not what I do.

Pushing for Selection
    You have no idea what joy it brings me to see the Woods having to cop it sweet! Since 1946 In the school yard I have to put up with pie supporters tell me the pies could do no wrong, then later in life I really had to put up with the Bull$%#@ of how bad was South. NOW I will die happy , 2 Premierships. Eddy knocked off his perch .Its a good year when things dont go the pies way, No matter what happens this season I will be a happy old man.
    GO BLOODS

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast