Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Season 2021

Emery to Easts... Vlatko to Norths... why the exodus of club stalwarts (legends even!) from ECE? Surely it can't be for $? Intriguing...

UTS playing practice matches against a platinum club in Randwick, sure hope they got a win...

Good to see SydneyAFL has communicated the Prems/Womens/19s fixture already. A lot earlier than other years.

Almost Football Legend
    We have Mens & Womens Div 4 this year. Some decent growth in team numbers; but I'm surprised how many of the divisions have an odd number of teams. Surely they should be trying to minimise that so there isn't a bye every week.

Follow me on Twitter - @tealfooty

Quote Originally Posted by Norris Lurker View Post
    We have Mens & Womens Div 4 this year. Some decent growth in team numbers; but I'm surprised how many of the divisions have an odd number of teams. Surely they should be trying to minimise that so there isn't a bye every week.
    Women's creating a Division 4 is huge!

How many teams are expected in the Mens/Womens D4? Sounds like it could be either 5 or 7?

Quote Originally Posted by mrns View Post
    UTS playing practice matches against a platinum club in Randwick, sure hope they got a win...

Good to see SydneyAFL has communicated the Prems/Womens/19s fixture already. A lot earlier than other years.
    That was a big surprise, on a positive. Wasn’t expecting any draw released prior to Easter.

Hopefully the other draws aren’t too far away. I know we welcome Campbelltown to Platinum division round 1.

Almost Football Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by mrns View Post
    Women's creating a Division 4 is huge!

How many teams are expected in the Mens/Womens D4? Sounds like it could be either 5 or 7?
    In the structure chart I've seen, Mens Div 1 to Div 4 all have 7 teams. Campbelltown, Newtown, North Shore & Western Magic have added an extra team compared to last year. Magic's seniors have dropped down from Platinum to Div 1.
    Womens Div 1 has 12 teams, Div 2 has 10, Div 3 has 7 and Div 4 has 8. Manly, South-West Sydney, Sydney Uni, UTS, Western Magic and East Coast have added an extra team compared to last year.
    North Shore will have one team in each of Divs 1-4 in both mens and womens, so no second team in any division this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Norris Lurker View Post
    In the structure chart I've seen, Mens Div 1 to Div 4 all have 7 teams. Campbelltown, Newtown, North Shore & Western Magic have added an extra team compared to last year. Magic's seniors have dropped down from Platinum to Div 1.
    How close am I?

Div 1 - Magic, North shore, Penno, Syd Uni, UNSW, Nor West, UTS
    Div 2 - St George, North shore, syd uni, penno, Wollondilly, ECE, Camden
    Div 3 - UTS, Manly, North shore, newtown, inner west, UNSW, magic
    Div 4 - Power, Syd Uni, Campbelltown, newtown, north shore, magic, penno

Almost Football Legend
    Very close. You've got Div 1 & Div 4 exactly right.
    In Div 2 & Div 3, swap Newtown & UTS for East Coast & Camden.

Interesting UTS wanted to say in div 2 with their 1-7 season but ECE and Camden who have a 3-5 and 2-6 seasons drop.

Newtown flogged div 3 so I guess they needed to go up too, especially with a div 4 side now.

Almost Football Legend
    I doubt anyone got any trial games in last week, and probably won't this week - so everyone will be a bit underdone once round 1 comes along.

But it's a step in the right direction that we're not playing because of closed grounds rather than a global pandemic.

Any word on when the remaining draws will be released?

Sounds like D4 has been scrapped and D3 will feature 13 teams...
    Last edited by mrns; 30th March 2021 at 01:45 PM.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast