Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Season 2021

It’s a rort the place limit

Seriously UTS with lord Farquhar and lieutenant from Sydney afl.... implemented it and low and behold running a club with 56 points. Let’s just reward and make hard working clubs for years allow them a massive leg up let alone they have been privy to information from every Sydney afl Sydney club for 4-5 years. A rort.

West’s 49 points a joke some clubs have less and finished less than them.

Points system needs a overhaul big time. But it’s a joke, the gap for uts is a joke!!!!

We allowing poor run clubs a leg up and allowing them dispensation for bad management.

Pub test on UTS no one apart from UTs would agree with.... and they are quietly confident. But a club with such a points buffer , never juniors nothing allowed to do what they want seriously

UTS with a large win in Rd1, looks like they've had some recruiting success in the off season.

North Shore reserves lose in the most dramatic fashion I've seen, a 50m penalty with seconds left on the clock for time wasting giving USYD a kick after the siren in the goal square.

Quote Originally Posted by mrns View Post
    UTS with a large win in Rd1, looks like they've had some recruiting success in the off season.

North Shore reserves lose in the most dramatic fashion I've seen, a 50m penalty with seconds left on the clock for time wasting giving USYD a kick after the siren in the goal square.
    Big win and enabled with it. If their cap was with other clubs could they recruit and do same?

It’s embarrassing they have that many points and play another new entrants who plays with less.

UTS play North Shore this week so that will give a good indication where they are at.
    Camden play UNSW so I hope it’s not a cricket score.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 5yearplan View Post
    Big win and enabled with it. If their cap was with other clubs could they recruit and do same?

It’s embarrassing they have that many points and play another new entrants who plays with less.

The fact they used all 56/56, 14 more than listed on the previous post. No

As a newbie to the Sydney AFL senior system - while it may seem unfair to UTS, the reality is that they almost have no junior pathway clubs and the ones they do have arent the strongest.

On the other hand North Shore have two very strong junior clubs in St Ives and Willoughby which churn out Swans academy players year after year and then enter the senior system and UNSW have Maroubra and Bulldogs that do same . Manly , Penno , St George etc have similar good junior catchments.

If you want the league to grow then you need to give teams like UTS an unfair advantage. All I see being advocated is that some other lower ranked clubs should maybe get a similar leg up.

Is the issue that they are poorly run or is the real issue the lack of junior talent they can feed from? If its that they are poorly run isnt the placement of from what I can ascertain senior afl administration a good step and if the result is that UTS start to thrive then isnt that good for the league as well. Surely if it shows that the points applied to UTS is too high because they sweep the competition then im sure this will be adjusted in subsequent seasons but Im guessing that this may not be the case. Reality is that UNSW, Syd Uni etc continue to attract quality players and showed from week one that they arent going to exactly battle this year.

One thing I would suggest to UTS is for them to totally change their club marketing, emblem etc. No one wants to play for a team called the bats. I cant think of one successful football team with that emblem and psychologically I think a lot of people would be turned off it.

Like I said not familiar with the overall politics of it all but just observing from the outside looking in.

They had a pretty sweet sponsorship with Bacardi from inception I think, and it aligned with the Bats that live it in the trees at Trumper.

They are trying to fish in a pretty crowded pond for players though, so many clubs within a few KM of them.

The Bombers survived and thrived during the terrorist era, who says the Bats won't do the same during a pandemic.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Magoo View Post
    One thing I would suggest to UTS is for them to totally change their club marketing, emblem etc. No one wants to play for a team called the bats. I cant think of one successful football team with that emblem and psychologically I think a lot of people would be turned off it.
    This may be the worst take I've seen, this ain't the Washington Redskins

Quote Originally Posted by ShortHalfHead View Post
    The Bombers survived and thrived during the terrorist era, who says the Bats won't do the same during a pandemic.
    You've outdone yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by mrns View Post
    This may be the worst take I've seen, this ain't the Washington Redskins
    I’m not trying to say it’s offensive etc - just my view that the bats isn’t a team mascot or whatever you call it that’s catchy or particularly draws you in .

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Magoo View Post
    As a newbie to the Sydney AFL senior system - while it may seem unfair to UTS, the reality is that they almost have no junior pathway clubs and the ones they do have arent the strongest.
    If read this thread there are a lot of self-interest posters who would love the competition to be only North Shore, Syd Uni, and UNSW. Maybe they could take in turns winning flags every 3 years.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast