Page 4 of 72 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 VFL discussion thread

An interesting rule tweak to watch will be in our reserves. The East coast competition will have a new rule of 3 players from each team in each 50m arc for every ball up / throw in. It's being trialled for potential implementation in 2022.

Oh good! More new rules!
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    No info I can find on a season fixture, VFL dragging their feet, it is mid March already!
    From what I know the reserves have 5 trial games in a row against gws. In the actual comp they play all nsw/qu sides twice and only play in Melb 2/3 times. Errol Guldens older brother is the captain of the swans reserves. He is also an academy coach and apparently a very intelligent player and excellent leader.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by barracuda View Post
    From what I know the reserves have 5 trial games in a row against gws. In the actual comp they play all nsw/qu sides twice and only play in Melb 2/3 times. Errol Guldens older brother is the captain of the swans reserves. He is also an academy coach and apparently a very intelligent player and excellent leader.
    Thanks Barra. Sounds like a fixture designed to limit travel costs but stronger than the NEAFL which will be useful.

With a list much bigger than any other club, GC should be a strong side.

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    In addition to overcoming his concussion, diabetes and mental health issues, Paddy will also need to overcome his poor goalkicking - the Saints were going to try him down back.
    Last edited by Ruck'n'Roll; 13th March 2021 at 05:24 AM.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    First two rounds have been announced

Sat 17th Apr 12pm Sydney Swans v GWS Giants Tramway Oval
    Sat 24th Apr 10am Gold Coast Suns v Sydney Swans Council Training Oval Metricon Stadium

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post

Sat 24th Apr 10am Gold Coast Suns v Sydney Swans Council Training Oval Metricon Stadium
    Which handily match our AFL fixtures. On the 17th we play the Giants at 4.35 on the SCG. And on the 24th we're playing the Suns at 1.45. Though I'm not sure where the Council Training Oval is at Metricon. But obviously, it shouldn't be too hard to find.

And there's a VFL practice match against the Giants Sunday 21st March at Tom Wills Oval. Not sure if it's open to the public.

Here's the full VFL fixture

Three byes, and three games against the Giants.

It's weird how most how 15/19 rounds feature a variable number of teams (between two and eight) having byes.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post

Nice to see them playing on the same day as the seniors against GWS (Shame it is that early and not a little bit later - but not bad).

Lol I love the 'council training oval' title for the other ground at Metricon

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Which handily match our AFL fixtures. On the 17th we play the Giants at 4.35 on the SCG. And on the 24th we're playing the Suns at 1.45. Though I'm not sure where the Council Training Oval is at Metricon. But obviously, it shouldn't be too hard to find.
    I assume that may be the ground just out the back perhaps?
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Surprisingly we don't have a game against the Lions

GWS 3
    Sandringham 2
    Aspley 1
    Box Hill 1
    Carlton 1
    Casey Demons 1
    Coburg 1
    Collingwood 1
    Essendon 1
    Footscray 1