Page 69 of 72 FirstFirst ... 19596566676869707172 LastLast

Thread: 2021 VFL discussion thread

Veterans List
    [QUOTE=rickmat;825160]We need to keep and sign McCartin for next season. He is finding his feet both in defence and also in attack, as shown when he played for Essendon. I'm dismayed that some our talent play for other VFL sides but at least they are able to play. Hope we have spies at these games so we make sure the cream is signed and locked away for future seasons. But for mine, McCartin is a priority as he already has the talent, just needs to be playing and gaining confidence.[/QUOT

Hopefully we can pick him up somewhere in the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Bangalore Swans View Post
    Does the fact that he has already signed a contract extension for the following 2 years mean that he will be a senior listed player in 2022 and 2023?

The club must think very highly of him if they have locked away his extension before a few other players coming off contract.

A friend of mine who watches the reserves games said that Sheather was really impressive and could easily push for senior selection.

The last time my friend (who sometimes watches training) and TheBloods were offering the same glowing endorsement of a young player a special player emerged.

It was Chad!!!!!

I would back Sheather to be the Chad of early 2022. Those two guys have called it before and I’ll back them to call it again.
    Look one post up from The Bloods and probably hundreds of others with the same high opinion of him and I’m guessing even earlier formed high opinions of him than ours including people who’ve seen him progress through the Academy
    The Bloods can stand on his own two feet you know ..

Quote Originally Posted by rickmat View Post
    We need to keep and sign McCartin for next season. He is finding his feet both in defence and also in attack, as shown when he played for Essendon. I'm dismayed that some our talent play for other VFL sides but at least they are able to play. Hope we have spies at these games so we make sure the cream is signed and locked away for future seasons. But for mine, McCartin is a priority as he already has the talent, just needs to be playing and gaining confidence.
    He reminds me a little of Jesse Hogan and he’s starting to produce quite nicely ..
    Someone pointed out that he’s a dfa and hence if both the club and he are enamoured with each other we get first chance

I don't know if it is the romance of it all but I'd love to see both McCartin boys lining up in the red and white together. Based on approximately 3 minutes total of viewing Paddy in some VFL games this year, I am willing to declare that he can be an outstanding defender for us.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    We are playing Brisbane this week. I wonder if we’ll get GWS players as top ups in return.

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    We are playing Brisbane this week. I wonder if we’ll get GWS players as top ups in return.
    Might not need any. With Paddy Mac, Roseby and Van Huisstede plus the isolating players coming back, Taylor, Amartey, O'Connor and Carruthers unused and possible recoveries for Warner and Ling we may go very close to having a full team.

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by rb4x View Post
    Might not need any. With Paddy Mac, Roseby and Van Huisstede plus the isolating players coming back, Taylor, Amartey, O'Connor and Carruthers unused and possible recoveries for Warner and Ling we may go very close to having a full team.
    Chad and RB will be a huge boost for our midfield which has had Clarke , GRay these types in it . And we wonder why we are 17th !

Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    Chad and RB will be a huge boost for our midfield which has had Clarke , GRay these types in it . And we wonder why we are 17th !
    Is Chad ready to start playing again?

I don’t think the reserves will get Rowbottom as he or Bell will either be the final selection in the senior 22 or be the medical sub.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rb4x View Post
    19 listed players + McCartin + van Huisstede and one lone Giant in Kieran Briggs (With Sinclair and McAndrew already in the team, we probably don't need him as good as he has been this season). Roseby emergency along with another Giant in Ryan Angwin.

Warner is back, but no sign of Amartey or Ling.

VFL Selected Teams - GameDay

Senior Player
    That is a very good looking team and you would like to think we could topple the lions this week

Quote Originally Posted by Faunac8 View Post
    That is a very good looking team and you would like to think we could topple the lions this week
    Very good looking team. You'd think they'd even give the AFL Hawthorn or Pies teams a run for their money atm

The long and the short of it: O'Riordan is the shortest member of our defensive unit, even with McCartin on the bench. Quite different from the AFL side.

Ling must have gone home and quit football. He looked a promising footballer, even if not among my draft choices. I know he had his injuries in the first couple of years, but aside from that it's hard to say what went wrong

Does anyone think van Huisstede has a shot at getting drafted as a KPD?
    Last edited by Ludwig; 30th July 2021 at 03:44 PM. Reason: van Huisstede question