Page 54 of 72 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 VFL discussion thread

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Dawg View Post
    Nick Malceski would be good too. He was cut as GC Neafl coach in the great Covid purge of 2020. Currently coaching QAFL club Labrador who are coming second after finishing equal last in 2020 with one win. He has done amazing things there, essentially bringing the bloods culture to the club.
    Nice idea, but I presume we are in the same predicament as every other club and would struggle to add additional coaching staff. I wonder how difficult it is to move on (non-senior) coaches? Do they all have multi-year contracts, I wonder...

I agree, Ludwig. Ryce is very good with teaching and building confidence in our youngsters and would be a very positive step. I am very disappointed having Laidlaw as our VFL coach as has been shown up by our VFL team fading badly in later quarters. Just need to look at the IG video of the last game and how the boys were left to themselves at 3/4 time break. I would be willing to donate a few dollars to get Ryce back

I had the impression that Shaw left because he didn't see eye to eye with Horse. He might see the world very differently after what he went through last year... But I think he's more likely to be a Stewie Dew man than a Longmire one.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    I had the impression that Shaw left because he didn't see eye to eye with Horse. He might see the world very differently after what he went through last year... But I think he's more likely to be a Stewie Dew man than a Longmire one.
    I hadn't heard anything like that. My understanding was that he wanted to be closer to family.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Impression? Any actual hard evidence?

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    VFL game against GWS to go ahead in Melbourne. Top ups to come from U19 NAB League players

VFL Fixture Update

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Impression? Any actual hard evidence?
    I tried to find something and came up empty handed

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    VFL game against GWS to go ahead in Melbourne. Top ups to come from U19 NAB League players

VFL Fixture Update
    I'm assuming the top ups are random local U19s? Ours would be back in Sydney I assume.
    What is the actual team list?

Senior Player
    What's your source for that (besides your Twitter account)?

Interest in how many listed players the Giants have.

Looks like the top ups for us are from the Geelong Falcons. Great opportunity for those U19 players to impress in front of us and the Giants. Hope there's a promising ruckman and key defender we could draft!