Page 194 of 529 FirstFirst ... 94144184190191192193194195196197198204244294 ... LastLast
Results 2,317 to 2,328 of 6340

Thread: 2021 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Thanks i'm-uninformed2
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    Chris Doerre's latest Phantom Rankings have elevated two KPD prospects (although one of them is only 190 cm) whom I have never heard of into his top 10: AFL Draft 2021 Phantom Draft Power Rankings September - Nick Daicos Jason Horne Francis Sam Darcy fight for pick No. 1 (espn.com). Promising for us if we're looking to recruit a KPD. Even more promising is that both of them look pretty close to being ready to play AFL. It's a big call by Doerre. He may be wrong - he often is. But he's brave enough to give his reasons and back himself in. He's not tipping either of them to be drafted in the first round.
    What's interesting from our perspective is something funny would have to happen for us to go much above our current first round pick of 12. We then have 31.

Doerre does go his own way, but there are a batch of KPPs that others have slipping into the late teens, or early 20s. Who's right or wrong - as you say, who knows?

But if their range is 15-30, we'd want a second pick inside that window. So if George does leave for example, take 31 and 32 compo pick and get say, for sake of argument, pick 18 this year and pick 55 next year if we have some Academy points we'll need.

That'd give us two chances at 12 and 18 to grab at least one good, solid KPP - if not two. I know clubs tend to draft on best available, but we can lean a little towards need right now, and need is KPP.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

I read an article about Luke Parker resigning and the author mentioned that there were a dozen or more out of contract players on our list. I had no idea that we were in such a dodgy situation and so ripe for picking. Holding on to our list to build on this year’s efforts seems to be under increasing stress.

Thanks for sharing that highlights package, deja! He does look exciting. Tall, strong, agile, fast. Perhaps not too skilful with the footy but that might come because he's apparently not very experienced. Don't know about his tank. Goodbye Aliir, hello Alleer?
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Quote Originally Posted by graemed View Post
    I read an article about Luke Parker resigning and the author mentioned that there were a dozen or more out of contract players on our list. I had no idea that we were in such a dodgy situation and so ripe for picking. Holding on to our list to build on this year’s efforts seems to be under increasing stress.
    You can read the situation of so many players being out of contract more positively too. It leaves us nimble and agile, ready to adapt. It seems to have been a deliberate strategy on the part of the club this year to leave the contracting until late. There aren't many players who have been offered contracts but declined or hesitated to sign (apparently Wicks and Ronke are two). I am still expecting to see some re-signing and delisting news fairly soon. I will breathe easier was Dawson has signed. And then it will be interesting to see what happens with everyone else. With the others, my main desire is that if we have to trade players out that we get fair compensation for them.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    Chris Doerre's latest Phantom Rankings have elevated two KPD prospects (although one of them is only 190 cm) whom I have never heard of into his top 10: AFL Draft 2021 Phantom Draft Power Rankings September - Nick Daicos Jason Horne Francis Sam Darcy fight for pick No. 1 (espn.com). Promising for us if we're looking to recruit a KPD. Even more promising is that both of them look pretty close to being ready to play AFL. It's a big call by Doerre. He may be wrong - he often is. But he's brave enough to give his reasons and back himself in. He's not tipping either of them to be drafted in the first round.
    Sounds like Will Gould 2.0 to me

Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    Sounds like Will Gould 2.0 to me
    As far as Jack Avery goes, you might be right, except he's a left footer. But Alleer is a lot more like Aliir.

Key position and ruck prospects in the 2021 ND:

Gibcus
    Andrew
    Amiss
    Avery
    Alleer
    Van Rooyen
    Conway

Schlensog?

just a fun stat

of the 11 million bits of information we humans encounter every second......... 90% we interpret as negative (Uni of Cali research '9 bits of negative info for every 1 positive')

The brain sifts and sorts trying to tease out the critical from the casual.

ie our nervous system chooses survival and tends to see most data as a threat.

Is it any wonder we struggle with trade time, draft time, contracts etc. lol
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Lots of negativity for Gould on this site. We need to remember the last 2 years have been so unusual and hard on players. New recruits like Gould were identified by Kinnear on potential, skill and the need and he doesn't get many wrong. I remember when Dawson was recruited, it took 3 seasons before he was given an opportunity in the 22. So let's take a breath and give Gould the opportunity to show what potential he really has and showed in the SANFL. We want him to fire as he is the next generation of our backline, who are ageing.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rickmat View Post
    Lots of negativity for Gould on this site. We need to remember the last 2 years have been so unusual and hard on players. New recruits like Gould were identified by Kinnear on potential, skill and the need and he doesn't get many wrong. I remember when Dawson was recruited, it took 3 seasons before he was given an opportunity in the 22. So let's take a breath and give Gould the opportunity to show what potential he really has and showed in the SANFL. We want him to fire as he is the next generation of our backline, who are ageing.
    Good post. And you want to double down: guess who else once got a big kick up the date for coming back unfit and overweight in a preseason?

Young Jordan. (Won’t post the link to ruin the thread but google Jordan Dawson all at sea).
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    i saw a photograph of Gould with Stephens , Chad Sheather and someone else . He is overweight , cant be taking his career seriously , its the most out of shape ive seen a Swans player ,. And we have Lewy taylor
    That's interesting because earlier in the year there was a photo of him shirtless and there wasn't an ounce of fat on him.