Page 243 of 529 FirstFirst ... 143193233239240241242243244245246247253293343 ... LastLast
Results 2,905 to 2,916 of 6340

Thread: 2021 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

On the veteran's list
    Dawson must be very valuable if other suggested trades from listeners on SEN are any guide. One Essendon supporter is suggesting a reasonable trade for their player Aaron Francis back to SA would be Adelaide’s pick 4 and pick 23.

Imagine what Dawson must be worth!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KSAS View Post
    I haven't given up hope that we may still get Dawson to.change his mind by playing hardball like we did with O'Keefe over a decade ago

It"s only 6 weeks ago he said we had nothing to worry about in him re-signing & being happy at club, but then to lose credibility saying he wants to return to SA for family reasons only.after receiving big $$$$ offers from Port/Crows & rejecting generous counter contract increase by club (according to John.Ralph).

Dawson does not deserve any favours from club after years patiently developing him as a pick 50. He was overlooked by all clubs including Port & Crows. Time to play hardball. Top 10 pick & 2nd rounder.
    I think if the club believes his need to return home is genuine, they will facilitate it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    Dawson must be very valuable if other suggested trades from listeners on SEN are any guide. One Essendon supporter is suggesting a reasonable trade for their player Aaron Francis back to SA would be Adelaide’s pick 4 and pick 23.

Was the Bombers supporter's first name Adrian and second began with a D and ended in an O?

On the veteran's list
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Was the Bombers supporter's first name Adrian and second began with a D and ended in an O?
    That was my first thought too!!

That was my first thought too!!
    He'd insist that any deal had to include Riley Thilthorpe

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    The simple solution is that we take Crows' 2nd round picks from both this year and next. That is roughly equal to a pick 10, and personally, find it preferable to a pick 8-10.

I'm anxiously waiting to hear what the prognosis is on Matt Ling. He's very similar to Stephens, but with a bit more gumption. I know it doesn't look good after 4 years of nothingness, but I still hold out hope if we do retain him on our list.
    I think with Dawson, Hewitt and most likely Stephens leaving then there will be a list spot on base salary for Ling. You would assume that Gray and Clark will be delisted. That makes 5 list changes.

MCS, with his outstanding analysis has pinpointed that the Swans will probably want future draft picks rather than 2021 draft picks. This means they will not use the draft this year to fill list holes. They may well keep players like Ronke, Brand and Sinclair on cheap one year deals to fill list holes until next year.

I assume that they will sign McCartin and Sheather has already been upgraded.

TheBloods is very excited about Sheather and has predicted that he will be in the senior team from round 1 next year. Maybe Sheather can start developing into another flanker style player to fill the void of Dawson and Stephens.

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    AFL Trade Talk (AFL website) discusses trade value of Dawson here: Dawson's value - saying Port's pick 16 could get the deal done.

I disagree - if there's a bidding war, pick 16 will not be enough to outbid Adelaide's offer.
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Bangalore Swans View Post
    I think with Dawson, Hewitt and most likely Stephens leaving then there will be a list spot on base salary for Ling. You would assume that Gray and Clark will be delisted. That makes 5 list changes.

MCS, with his outstanding analysis has pinpointed that the Swans will probably want future draft picks rather than 2021 draft picks. This means they will not use the draft this year to fill list holes. They may well keep players like Ronke, Brand and Sinclair on cheap one year deals to fill list holes until next year.

I assume that they will sign McCartin and Sheather has already been upgraded.

TheBloods is very excited about Sheather and has predicted that he will be in the senior team from round 1 next year. Maybe Sheather can start developing into another flanker style player to fill the void of Dawson and Stephens.
    Your spells are too short

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    Seriously dont understand how Carlton have any cap space
    They don't need space. Williams got a house in Kew (expensive inner suburb) and a business.

"TheBloods is very excited about Sheather and has predicted that he will be in the senior team from round 1 next year. Maybe Sheather can start developing into another flanker style player to fill the void of Dawson and Stephens."

Well we have it from the Oracle then. Thanks BS.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    Keen to hear from people (including Jimitron if the case) who actually saw P McCartin play as a defender this year. Like, what he did well and what he had to work on? And I'm particularly keen to hear how they reckon he'll go against the new generation of giants coming through - the 200+cm types like the Kings who are going to be the new norm.
    Saw him on the Gold Coast. Played in the backline and just knew where to run and read the play. well. Kicking is good. Also seemed to be the organiser down back. Looked a cut above.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Just now on AFL website

PORT Adelaide has extreme interest in securing the signature of wantaway Sydney winger Jordan Dawson as the Power through the wreckage of their preliminary final "abomination", football manager Chris Davies says.

Also, a full page in today's Advertiser saying Crows must go all out for Dawson's signature

Dawson in quarantine for another week before he can meet Crows and Power in person.
    Haha - that's a pretty loose use of a strong adjective by the Port dude. Extreme interest begets a high cost.

Veterans List

And Dwayne Russell reckons Coleman-Jones is worth better than a pick 20.