Page 501 of 529 FirstFirst ... 401451491497498499500501502503504505511 ... LastLast
Results 6,001 to 6,012 of 6340

Thread: 2021 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    IMO Sheldrick was overlooked by some (including the media) because he started late. He was still playing school football a couple of years ago and appears to have been a quick riser. Listen to the interview on the Swans' website.

If Sheldrick has already outplayed JHF when matched on him, that is very promising, and not a KB smokey at all.

IN KB we trust.
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

I watched a couple of the WA v SA U18 games and Sheldrick was very impressive. If not BOG, he was very close. I think he's a very low risk selection. There's not much that can go wrong with his game. It appears we are building a very powerful midfield.

Really happy with Sheldrick. He was one of my picks. Admittedly, I thought we might take him at 31 but that doesn’t mean he was a stretch. Knightmare had him 11 in the power rankings and he watches a lot more games than any of us.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Aprilbr View Post
    I don't, and I would suggest neither do you!
    No.

The Swans didn't know either, so if they wanted him more than anyone left it's reasonable for them to pick him. The expectations and predictions of others are immaterial.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Did you notice Dalrymple on the phone before we plugged in Sheldrick? Means we knew he wouldn't last until our next pick but we were unsuccessful in arranging and early/mid 20's pick to take him.

I'll go and read up on him now!

Edit, Chris Doerre on ESPN wrote "At 179cm and 88kg, Sheldrick is strong over the ball and routinely wins first possession, works hard around the ground to receive loose ball gets, possesses an explosive burst of speed, shrugs tackles and tackles with intent, plays a strong two-way game and hits the scoreboard."

From the AFL website "Missed the 2020 season due to a collar-bone injury, but has made up quickly for lost time. Tested soundly at the NAB AFL Draft Combine with his 3.05 seconds for 20 metres and 8.36 seconds for the AFL agility run."

So he turned 18 just two weeks ago and missed the entire 2020 season, reckon there's plenty of upside and a lot there to like and a lot of traits the club values
    Looks like they are trying to fix our centre clearance problem.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    I watched a couple of the WA v SA U18 games and Sheldrick was very impressive. If not BOG, he was very close. I think he's a very low risk selection. There's not much that can go wrong with his game. It appears we are building a very powerful midfield.
    A bit like Melbourne perhaps.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Looks like they are trying to fix our centre clearance problem.

- - - Updated - - -

A bit like Melbourne perhaps.
    thought our centre clearance problem was speed

I think with J Mac, Florent, Golden, Campbell etc, we have a lot of leaner or smaller types coming through the midfield. All stars in the making, but not bulls.
    I think Mills, Warner and this young lad could be the size we need to set up our highly skilled brigade.

I think back to the 2014 GF and how we got beaten up. Some guys with grunt make a difference at the pointy end.

Veterans List
    We now have picks 32, 39, 62 plus another couple later. So 11 players will be taken before we choose again.

That Cats/Dogs/Norf pick swap really hurt us :-(

Freo are killing it, two WA players Amiss and Erasmus, first pick tomorrow and highly rated WA mid Johnston still on the board!

Veterans List
    $1.01 Longmire uses the word 'competitor' in his first interview about the pick.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    $1.01 Longmire uses the word 'competitor' in his first interview about the pick.

Make that $1.0000000001

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    We now have picks 32, 39, 62 plus another couple later. So 11 players will be taken before we choose again.

That Cats/Dogs/Norf pick swap really hurt us :-(

Freo are killing it, two WA players Amiss and Erasmus, first pick tomorrow and highly rated WA mid Johnston still on the board!
    could be a defining draft for Freo!

Veterans List
    Another left field one for KB - perhaps less concerned with this one. Knew the father from school, tough as nails and an elite swimmer - now a high performance coach, check his bio here, it's quite a story: https://www.linkedin.com/in/dom-shel...alSubdomain=au

My Perth connections say he is indeed a competitor(!) but got some real skills as well. Could we have got him with one of our later picks? Who knows, but feel like this may not be such a bad choice.