Page 526 of 529 FirstFirst ... 26426476516522523524525526527528529 LastLast
Results 6,301 to 6,312 of 6340

Thread: 2021 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    If that is right, does that mean our only list spot is for a Cat B rookie until Naismith is put on the long term injury list?
    Couldn't find the actual rules, but this table suggests that we can add to our 37, since a few other teams have 38 and Brisbane have 39.

AFL Club Lists for 2022 - Draftguru

Veterans List
    Just up on the AFL website

Main list - 36

Cat A - 5 Fox, McAndrew, McLean, Taylor, Wicks

Cat B - 2 BOC, Sheather

So only one Cat A Rookie vacancy - McCartin? We can put Naismith on the LTI list to create another vacancy

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Couldn't find the actual rules, but this table suggests that we can add to our 37, since a few other teams have 38 and Brisbane have 39.

AFL Club Lists for 2022 - Draftguru
    That table suggests the source isn't reliable.

Clubs are allowed 36-38 on their senior list and 4-6 on their Cat A rookie list, but with an overall maximum of 42. They are then allowed up to two Cat B rookies in addition.

Some further flexibility is provided by the inactive list. You can replace a player on the inactive list, but that means that the deactivated player can't play for the remainder of the season. So that's a way that Carlton could replace Liam Jones, for example.

That the Draft Guru page lists Brisbane as having 39 players on the senior list and some clubs (eg Essendon) with 7 Cat A rookies indicates its not accurate and/or not up to date.

I spoke to Paddy and he told me he is definitely going to be added to the list in the SSP period, and that's why he skipped the ND. He also said he expects to be playing down back.

Incidentally, I also confirmed that Sheather is a rookie - not sure if Cat A or Cat B (although it seems from the above that he's Cat B). What's interesting is that I have been informed that even Cat B rookies can be selected to play seniors. This came as a surprise to me so it would be great if anyone can confirm same.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Veterans List
    I spoke to Paddy and he told me he is definitely going to be added to the list in the SSP period, and that's why he skipped the ND. He also said he expects to be playing down back.

Incidentally, I also confirmed that Sheather is a rookie - not sure if Cat A or Cat B (although it seems from the above that he's Cat B). What's interesting is that I have been informed that even Cat B rookies can be selected to play seniors. This came as a surprise to me so it would be great if anyone can confirm same.
    Good work bloodspirit. So our list is full except for LTI'ing Naismith if we need to

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    That table suggests the source isn't reliable.

Clubs are allowed 36-38 on their senior list and 4-6 on their Cat A rookie list, but with an overall maximum of 42. They are then allowed up to two Cat B rookies in addition.

Some further flexibility is provided by the inactive list. You can replace a player on the inactive list, but that means that the deactivated player can't play for the remainder of the season. So that's a way that Carlton could replace Liam Jones, for example.

That the Draft Guru page lists Brisbane as having 39 players on the senior list and some clubs (eg Essendon) with 7 Cat A rookies indicates its not accurate and/or not up to date.
    Hmm, shouldn't have put my faith in a guru.

Great scoop there Bloodspirit! Thanks for sharing with us. I'm very pleased for Paddy. I wonder if this means that Angry Anderson has missed out on being selected?
    Last edited by Aprilbr; 1st December 2021 at 01:24 PM.

Regular in the Side
    44 total allowed, so we have 43. we can rooke list anderson if naismith is sent to injury list which i think we shopuld do, no really sure if he will return to playing field ,. seems like he will be like
    alex j. this assumes paddy is listed.

Hmm, shouldn't have put my faith in a guru.
    Watch this: Kumaré (2011) - IMDb.

- - - Updated - - -

Eye on the future: 10 draft prospects to watch in 2022 (afl.com.au) Lewis Hayes looks like one we should keep a close eye on. I especially note his December birthday.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    It's not really a problem, but we will probably finish too high to be in line for a top 10 prospect.
    Maybe, but with another handful of highly rated tall prospects hopefully we can get at least one of them (unless we spend our picks to trade a tall in): Who are the early top 10 players for the 2022 AFL Draft? (espn.com). Lemmey, Broadbent, Busslinger and Keeler all look potential top 10 at this early stage according to Chris Doerre.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Watch this: Kumaré (2011) - IMDb.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe, but with another handful of highly rated tall prospects hopefully we can get at least one of them (unless we spend our picks to trade a tall in): Who are the early top 10 players for the 2022 AFL Draft? (espn.com). Lemmey, Broadbent, Busslinger and Keeler all look potential top 10 at this early stage according to Chris Doerre.
    Looks interesting. On similar lines, the documentary, Wild Wild Country, is very much worth watching; if you haven't seen it.

On talls; I suspect that one reason why we didn't go tall this draft, was that Kinnear might already be keen on a few of next year's crop. Although, top ten may be out of our pick range. Then again, if we combine the pick tied to Melbourne and our first rounder, then that could be a way of trading into the pointy end of the draft.

I came across this table on the AFL website. 70 players drafted this year and just 1 taken from all of NSW with 1 also from Qld. This is a little concerning to the national game development strategy. In comparison, my old school, St Pats Ballarat (regional city of 100,000 pop), had 3 players taken in the top 20! One school! Should alarm bells be ringing at AFL HQ?

The 2021 NAB AFL Draft by the numbers: Every player and their junior club

Suspended by the MRP
    Looks interesting. On similar lines, the documentary, Wild Wild Country, is very much worth watching; if you haven't seen it.
    My eldest got me onto it , i remember it like it was yesterday , they were in my classes i used to teach back in the 80s decked in their orange crap . Not their fault , they didnt know what was going on , easily led