Page 81 of 529 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591131181 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

It was reported a while back that West Coast were on the verge of re-signing Jarrod Brander. But it hasn't happened. I hope we are taking a really close look at him. Just what we need: a quality, young KPP, and from the Riverina to boot.

There seem to be a lot of rumours swirling around.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    It was reported a while back that West Coast were on the verge of re-signing Jarrod Brander. But it hasn't happened. I hope we are taking a really close look at him. Just what we need: a quality, young KPP, and from the Riverina to boot.

There seem to be a lot of rumours swirling around.
    Apologies bloodspirit. I did not mean to add fuel to the fires! Especially so far out from the free agency & trade period! In my mind i was relaying something from a source i know to be quite credible so it was more like stating a fact for everyone! Pretty arrogant! To assume what i hear is any different from what anyone else hears! We could all be rumour mongers if we want to be.. perhaps we should leave it to the experts... the professional journalists. Who never get anything wrong hehe

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AB Swannie View Post
    The issue with our list is the first and second round failings (so far) from the past few seasons. We've got Ling, Stephens, Blakey, and Gould playing in reserves and not looking too likely to make a huge step up this year. Add to the the disaster that was Elijah Taylor and there are 5 players who should've been part of our foundation moving forward.

I haven't given up hopes on these players (perhaps except for Ling) but we really need them to make that next step soon.
    I think you should at least consider giving up hope for Elijah Taylor AB
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruck'n'Roll View Post
    I think you should at least consider giving up hope for Elijah Taylor AB
    😂. Yes. I probably should’ve made that clear but didn’t want to tar Ling by including ET in the same sentence.

If ET has under gone 12months of education and actions / community projects proving his willingness to evolve and mature - do we consider ET in the next Drafts?

Is a society and therefore a sporting club measured by its stance to not tolerate violence but equally measured by its ability to recognise someone who has redeemed them self after enduring their punishment?
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Somehow I think ET will never again wear a Swans jumper! His best chance is to show strong form when he is allowed to play again and hope that a Club will rookie list him next draft. It won't be the Swans. Too much damage done.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Aprilbr View Post
    Somehow I think ET will never again wear a Swans jumper! His best chance is to show strong form when he is allowed to play again and hope that a Club will rookie list him next draft. It won't be the Swans. Too much damage done.
    Richmond are into this type of recruitment. Speaking of which, a joy to see them such a shambles at present :-)

There's an article on the Hun about Buddy's mega-deal which quotes from Mick Warners new book. Richard Colless describes Mike Fitzpatrick's trade ban: “It was done vindictively, it was done brutally. And the trade ban, as far as I am concerned, is the greatest act of bastardry that I have ever observed or experienced in my time in football,” Colless said.

No Cookies | Herald Sun

Article claims we couldn't afford to recruit Daniher, which seems likely and had to let AA go to get Hickey, which I believe to be true.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    There's an article on the Hun about Buddy's mega-deal which quotes from Mick Warners new book. Richard Colless describes Mike Fitzpatrick's trade ban: “It was done vindictively, it was done brutally. And the trade ban, as far as I am concerned, is the greatest act of bastardry that I have ever observed or experienced in my time in football,” Colless said.

No Cookies | Herald Sun

Article claims we couldn't afford to recruit Daniher, which seems likely and had to let AA go to get Hickey, which I believe to be true.
    Fitzpatrick offered and achieved very little as Chairman. Vindictive and power hungry.

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post

No Cookies | Herald Sun

For those without a subscription to the Hun, the book is called "The Boys' Club" by Michael Warner.

Colless may be right in that description, as it was compltely unjustified. But how much effect did it have? The trade bang ended years ago, and Buddy's monster contract has continued to stop the Swans from recruiting any A or B graders from other clubs to the present day.
    Last edited by Ruck'n'Roll; 5th July 2021 at 10:00 AM.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

hhhmmm Geelong didnt feel the same wrath when they recruited Danger?
    anyway for another discussion i suppose?
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Good news on Sports Radio this morning about Dawson. He was interviewed and this is what he had to say about his contract situation:

“I’m working with the club and my manager as well. I don’t think Sydney fans should be nervous at all,” Dawson told SEN.