Page 75 of 529 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985125175 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

If we think Hewett is limited to just being a tagger, and I don't think he is, then he should be traded, because we can probably get just as good a job from Clarke for a far less salary cap hit. There may be some objections about that because we probably rate Hewett's kicking more highly than Clarke's aerobic capacity. If that's the case, then we're saying that Hewett is more than just a tagger.

Hewett is probably best suited to tagging in the modern game, but he can contribute in other ways even if he's not a tagger, and we might not say the same about Clarke. I think Hewett is too good to be just a depth player, so he should go where he could have more opportunity to play in the midfield.

I think Carlton or Adelaide would get good value from him.

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SwanSand View Post
    We are a work in progress and some players development hasn’t happened at a pace that we like but hopefully Gould/Blakey/Stephens start showing some much needed improvement.
    Apparently only 33 Swan layers flew out of Sydney - interesting to see if all 3 made the flight.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Yep, they did. Checked Insta, they're all there.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruck'n'Roll View Post
    Apparently only 33 Swan layers flew out of Sydney - interesting to see if all 3 made the flight.
    33 is big enough. We are likely to play WCE in Melbourne next week. Then the Bulldogs the week after at Marvel. Then GWS that could also be in Melbourne.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    33 is big enough. We are likely to play WCE in Melbourne next week. Then the Bulldogs the week after at Marvel. Then GWS that could also be in Melbourne.
    Hope they packed plenty of undies ...

I see the Richmond Ruck Boutique will be showcasing all three this weekend. Should be required viewing for Ludwig and all lovers of the beautiful art.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    The suggestion that we should take West coast eagles to GMHBA stadium is not a bad one. We play well there while West coast play poorly.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by SwanSand View Post
    The suggestion that we should take West coast eagles to GMHBA stadium is not a bad one. We play well there while West coast play poorly.
    Good venue choice from our perspective, should get a good Swans crowd there I would have thought

See how easy it is to get a thread off on a tangent! This is the Trading and Drafting thread

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Good venue choice from our perspective, should get a good Swans crowd there I would have thought

See how easy it is to get a thread off on a tangent! This is the Trading and Drafting thread
    Tangent continued.....I think it's going to end up at Marvel. We will get better support there, the Melbourne Swans will come out of the woodwork for this 'bonus' game. As long as WC have to travel and we don't as we're already in Melbourne, I'll be happy.

Don Pyke interviewed by Kane Cornes on SEN this morning and he asked him how Will Gould is going. Don said Gould has put in a solid 6 week performance in the VFL and is on the right side of the magnet board. He is anticipating that Will make his debut in the next month or so.

Don revealed he was approached by the Swans to inject fresh coaching ideas and has free rein to challenge John L. More or less agreed that our more attacking style this year was his influence as the club were conscience to improve their scoring rate.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by KSAS View Post
    Don Pyke interviewed by Kane Cornes on SEN this morning and he asked him how Will Gould is going. Don said Gould has put in a solid 6 week performance in the VFL and is on the right side of the magnet board. He is anticipating that Will make his debut in the next month or so.

Don revealed he was approached by the Swans to inject fresh coaching ideas and has free rein to challenge John L. More or less agreed that our more attacking style this year was his influence as the club were conscience to improve their scoring rate.
    Thanks mate.

Quote Originally Posted by KSAS View Post
    Don Pyke … revealed he was approached by the Swans to inject fresh coaching ideas and has free rein to challenge John L. More or less agreed that our more attacking style this year was his influence as the club were conscience to improve their scoring rate.
    Very interesting

And a very positive development.

I wonder where the Longmire-Pyke scales sit at the moment?

We do seem to be a bit more like the 2020 Swans rather than the 2021 version recently