Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Swans v Giants scratch match

Richmond and Melbourne just played a scratch match of 7 “periods”

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    First there was Covid, then BLM and then Eddie resigning, now this. Things are really getting out of hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    That would be 1 and 3/4 matches.

Pushing for Selection
    How do you think we will go with the new "stand" rule? 50 meters if the man on the mark moves if told to stand!!!!

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Old S.M.Blood View Post
    How do you think we will go with the new "stand" rule? 50 meters if the man on the mark moves if told to stand!!!!
    The player I'm most worried about is Rampe because he can't stand still! I guess we'll find out tomorrow how the team goes with this rule.

There has been talk the last couple of days about Buddy's kicking arc. Apparently the umpire is going to call play on as soon as the player with the ball deviates off the mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    The player I'm most worried about is Rampe because he can't stand still! I guess we'll find out tomorrow how the team goes with this rule.
    Don't worry. Rampe will be wearing these specially designed shoes for the occasion.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Don't worry. Rampe will be wearing these specially designed shoes for the occasion.

That has a certain element of, "Mummy, I've made some new shoes and now I can't get out!"

In regards to the game, I'm looking forward to it for a number of reasons. Obviously it's the first game for a while, but there's a number of things that I'm hoping for, so maybe today's performance will give some indication of whether those hopes are realistic or not. Although of course, preseason form is only a limited predictor of what will occur later.

Firstly, I'm keen to see Mills play the game in midfield. If he looks like he can live up to his junior reputation, then that should be a great boost to our inside strength. On the outside, I'm keen to see how much dash Blakey and Stephens can provide. And speaking of dash, I'm hoping that Melican and McCartin will be the kpd pairing, which should allow Rampe to act as more of a rebounder. Since he likes to play on quickly and take the first option, it could give us a bit more attacking flair.

I also quite missed the NEAFL and NAB League last season, so I'm pleased that the six quarters should give game time to most of the squad. I haven't seen anything of Gould and O'Connor, so I'm keen to assess what sort of prospects they are. And assuming that the VFL squad can play, will Paddy McCartin run out? And will the 208cm McAndrew, give an indication that he might be a genuine ruck prospect.

And there's also the more general things. Who's looking stronger? Who seems to be more mobile? What sort of game style are we looking to play? Have we got our heads around the latest AFL rule changes?

Should be an interesting few hours.

Veteran Site Admin
    It's probably not going to be a great showcase for skills given the drizzle and grey skies settled over Sydney this morning.

Why on earth is this game not on their YouTube channel, or another way we can at least get it on our tv?

Regular in the Side
    Swans got the first behind but Giants got the first goal .

Quote Originally Posted by The Runner View Post
    Why on earth is this game not on their YouTube channel, or another way we can at least get it on our tv?
    Yep! Would be way better!

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Regular in the Side
    Papley scored now Giants 14 Swans 7
    Last edited by Aaron; 27th February 2021 at 11:31 AM.

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast