Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2021 AGM

2021 AGM

The Club will hold its AGM by videoconference on 18 March 2021 at 5.30 pm: AGM Notice (sydneyswans.com.au).

The Agenda contains a motion to expand the number of directors (to allow for Mickey O to join the Board).
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Sadly, an early family dinner prevented me from attending the AGM - did anyone attend? I'd be grateful for a report.

I see that Mickey O was duly elected to the Board and the Board formally adopted the new lyrics for the team song: Michael O’Loughlin Elected to the Board (sydneyswans.com.au).
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Senior Player
    This is great news about Mickey O. The type of systemic change Joel Wilkinson was calling for recently. Well done Swans.
    It's very hard to live in a studio apartment in San Jose with a man who's learning to play violin. That's what she told the police when she handed them the empty revolver.
    The Scarlatti Tilt - Richard Brautigan

Details of this year's AGM: AGM Notice (sydneyswans.com.au). Maybe update thread title?

Any Swans member can attend the AGM via Zoom. There is an email link to get access on the site. I am planning to tune in. I am keen to hear about the new training facility and the club finances.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Aprilbr View Post
    Any Swans member can attend the AGM via Zoom. There is an email link to get access on the site. I am planning to tune in. I am keen to hear about the new training facility and the club finances.
    Please report back for those of us unable to "attend"

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Please report back for those of us unable to "attend"
    Will do!

Veteran Site Admin
    I had a feeling that the AGM was pretty soon but was anticipating a reminder would appear on the Swans website shortly beforehand. I've just been to check and it's actually on tomorrow.

I'm actually not surprised that they've not reminded us. I don't think they actually much like members attending the AGM, which is something of a shame.

Anyway, if anyone was thinking of Zooming in, you have to email someone to register beforehand. I guess they then send you the link. I've only just sent a registration email so can't confirm if that will actually elicit a response. The details are here AGM Notice

I registered when we first got notice and an hour ago I received a reminder email with a link for the Zoom at 5.30 pm today. The annoying thing is I have another appointment and I'm probably going to miss at least the first hour.

Meeting was Zoom only, and addresses from Chair (Pridham) and Football Head (Gardiner). Questions were answered by them and also Tom Harley and the CFO.

All very professional. Nothing out of the box, but updates on the RHI build (hope to occupy in November) and the AFLW team (EGM and Coach now on board).

Question on why AFL is "transitional member and sole shareholder" was batted away - robust but valued relationship - whereas the true issue is why still continuing and when will it transition to a normal membership model.

Finally, a reminder given to all members that Round 1 next year against the Giants is a free entry for members; being held at Stadium Australia. I have my ticket already - 5:10 on Saturday 19th.

Hi Mountain Man, why didn't you ask any questions? I was wondering if I was the only person watching! liz, were you there?

Was mostly a waste of time. Didn't get very much of value out of it. It's so much better when it's in person - they're much more forthcoming when it's more informal and not being recorded. I took notes and will do my best to answer questions if anyone cares.

As you might detect from the report above, I asked about the Round 1 freebie - I am about football fan-dom

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast