Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Swans vs Giants Solitary Pre-season Match

Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Legion View Post
    Gee Rampe and Melican had poor halves. Melican in particular lost every one on one marking contest I remember and Rampe's kick was terrible. Good to see Gulden and Campbell get involved a bit.

I'm probably going to get caned for this...but I dont' see any future for Bell. Mills was very poor. I usually like Hayward but he has less ranking points on the AFL site than other players who havent even been on the ground!
    Hayward is a medium forward. He should be doing a similar type job that Gunston does - take a few marks, mark on the lead, kick a few goals. I haven't seen any real evidence of this for a while and I think I mentioned a while back that McDonald should be groomed for this role.

Bell was late to AFL. And it shows. Just lacks footy smarts under pressure, gets into poor positions and often poor on the disposal. He did lead up nicely towards the end of 2Q but if guys like Stephens, McInerney etc can't get ahead of him, then that will be disappointing.

Melican poor today. Big gap between his best and his worst. Don't know what's happening with Gould but surely he can get to a point to challenge Melican?

Swans vs Giants Solitary Pre-season Match

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    I’m watching on smart TV and it’s fine. You might need to check your settings. Think it’s you not them, sorry.
    Also fine watching on iPad / and Fox Footy logo clearly visible.

Again - I know its only a pre season game - but Melican not good enough. Sure he played a few great games a few years back but hes consistently beaten in 1-on-1s and is too slow. Would much rather Brand or Fox.

Him and Reid are failed potential in my honest opinion.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    I’m watching on smart TV and it’s fine. You might need to check your settings. Think it’s you not them, sorry.
    Thanks Mark Webb's.It turns out I am connected via Telstra's Roku box. I changed over to the TV directly and its fine. I'm guessing there may be some licensing issues through the Telstra box because not all games are cropped like this through the Roku box.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Tapatalk
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

Campbell, Gulden, Warner and Wicks all making strong cases for a round one spot. Campbell's kicking is a pleasure to watch. Wicks is leading the count for both tackles and pressure acts, with 9 and 14 respectively. McCartin looks like he's going to be the centre of our defence for a long time.

Sam Wicks leading the player ratings at 3/4 time ahead of 5 Giants players. He had 9 tackles.
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

That goal alone should book Logan for R1. Exactly what we need, a target up front. And that kick!

Senior Player
    These young Swans are looking fantastic. Bright future ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Dawg View Post
    That goal alone should book Logan for R1. Exactly what we need, a target up front. And that kick!
    God I hope so. Our forward line has been lost the last few years

McDonald already done enough!

Any word on where Gray and Taylor are? (Not that anyone really cares about either)

I still think Taylor could come good for us. Gray - not so much

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Campbell, Gulden, Warner and Wicks all making strong cases for a round one spot. Campbell's kicking is a pleasure to watch. Wicks is leading the count for both tackles and pressure acts, with 9 and 14 respectively. McCartin looks like he's going to be the centre of our defence for a long time.
    Agree. But Hayward will no doubt still start forward after doing next to nothing yet again...

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast