Page 5 of 46 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 1: Brisbane v Swans @ the Gabba

Suspended by the MRP
    Logan mcdonald will have tough days at the office all year round. Its not like the games get any easier after round 1. Throw him in and see how he goes

That seems contrary to any Swans ideology we have heard from the club in recent years. I think McLean could provide marking target inside F50 and ruck when Hickey rests. Reid becomes our new L.R.T.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    Logan mcdonald will have tough days at the office all year round. Its not like the games get any easier after round 1. Throw him in and see how he goes
    He can’t be played until he’s match fit. Judging by the way he was blowing even before the end of his first quarter (the game’s third), he has some work still to do before he’s AFL fit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Hereitis View Post
    He can’t be played until he’s match fit. Judging by the way he was blowing even before the end of his first quarter (the game’s third), he has some work still to do before he’s AFL fit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Agreed. They might throw him in the deep end to get the match fitness in games. But if Buddy and Reid were both fit and firing, I'd wait a bit longer after some ressies games.
    I feel for Tilthorpe at Adelaide. He had a really tough first outing in their trial - serious opponents and his team is dreadful. McDonald got to come on halfway through, play on a reserves level defender and have a period of midfield dominance. He was impressive, but very different experience.

Both small sample sizes, and hope both become elite forwards. It will be fun to track both of them and DGB over the years. Fingers crossed our boy wins out.

Lions girls home game shifted to Victoria today because of covid. Any chance we end up at the SCG?

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Lions girls home game shifted to Victoria today because of covid. Any chance we end up at the SCG?
    That would be great!

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Isn't NSW now in an equivalent position?

Herald-Sun says Lions v Swans go ahead as planned.

No Cookies | Herald Sun

So a lot has happened while RWO has been offline. Very excited all three draftees will debut Saturday.

The Hun has an article about selection dilemmas and has this to say:

“There is still some intrigue around what the Swans do in the midfield, where Callum Mills is primed to finally move into. Chad Warner — a pre-season standout — Nick Blakey and George Hewett are jockeying to join Josh Kennedy, Luke Parker, James Rowbottom and Ollie Florent in the centre.“

No Cookies | Herald Sun

Also implies Stephens and McInerney will miss

I think that means Warner misses, which would be a shame. But he'll need getting a run very soon no doubt.
    Otherwise, we may see a surprise with a more established player making way.

Teams will also not be out until Friday night for us - AFL changing to naming 24hrs prior to kick off like last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    So a lot has happened while RWO has been offline. Very excited all three draftees will debut Saturday.

The Hun has an article about selection dilemmas and has this to say:

“There is still some intrigue around what the Swans do in the midfield, where Callum Mills is primed to finally move into. Chad Warner — a pre-season standout — Nick Blakey and George Hewett are jockeying to join Josh Kennedy, Luke Parker, James Rowbottom and Ollie Florent in the centre.“

No Cookies | Herald Sun

Also implies Stephens and McInerney will miss
    Yes, I quite miss the site when it's gone. And I'm pleased that there's three debutants. With the weather conditions, there's a strong chance that Gulden will have a big game, with his in and under, get to the contest game style.

I assume that the weather conditions will have some influence on team selection. We're going to need some wet trackers. The Brisbane forecast currently is, rain today, scattered thunderstorms on Friday and thunderstorms throughout Saturday; including game time. I'm wondering whether there'll be some sort of storm interruption? The last one that I clearly remember, is the 'shake down the thunder' final against West Coast, back in 2004: but I assume there's been others since then?

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Yes, I quite miss the site when it's gone. And I'm pleased that there's three debutants. With the weather conditions, there's a strong chance that Gulden will have a big game, with his in and under, get to the contest game style.

I assume that the weather conditions will have some influence on team selection. We're going to need some wet trackers. The Brisbane forecast currently is, rain today, scattered thunderstorms on Friday and thunderstorms throughout Saturday; including game time. I'm wondering whether there'll be some sort of storm interruption? The last one that I clearly remember, is the 'shake down the thunder' final against West Coast, back in 2004: but I assume there's been others since then?
    I think there was one against GWS a few years ago, either pre season or round 1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 5 of 46 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast