Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Round 1: the other games. Are we there yet? Yes; yes we are.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    I'm definitely barracking for Anyone But Richmond this year
    Yep.

I watched the third quarter. Got bored. Went to bed.

I dont know if I'm the outlier or the norm, but unless a Sydney team is involved, I dont have much interest in other games anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    I watched the third quarter. Got bored. Went to bed.

I don't know if I'm the outlier or the norm, but unless a Sydney team is involved, I don't have much interest in other games anymore.
    I watched it on delay. My recording ran out halfway through the last qtr and I didn't even bother to look up the final result. It was all just a bit dull.

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    I watched it on delay. My recording ran out halfway through the last qtr and I didn't even bother to look up the final result. It was all just a bit dull.
    That’s interesting, I thought I would be the only person with that view.

I really, really don’t like the statue rule. In my view it makes elite athletes look lazy and stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    I really, really don’t like the statue rule. In my view it makes elite athletes look lazy and stupid.
    Some of the expressions on their faces while they played statues were quite comical. I reckon if the bloke with the ball is not looking they should be allowed to creep forward until eye contact is renewed like the weeping angels in Dr Who. That would be much more fun.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    I'm definitely barracking for Anyone But Richmond this year
    I held that thought for a moment or two until Fraudenberg appeared on the screen wearing a Carlton scarf sitting next to Slomo from Marketing who looked thoroughly confused. It would be an unpleasant world if Carlton ever moved out of the bottom 10.

However, from a purely neutral perspective (often a difficult place to locate) it was a pretty good game. I like having the footy back.
    It's very hard to live in a studio apartment in San Jose with a man who's learning to play violin. That's what she told the police when she handed them the empty revolver.
    The Scarlatti Tilt - Richard Brautigan

Some of the expressions on their faces while they played statues were quite comical. I reckon if the bloke with the ball is not looking they should be allowed to creep forward until eye contact is renewed like the weeping angels in Dr Who. That would be much more fun.
    I second that aardvark - would be thoroughly enjoyable to watch.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Or, turn it into a game of Marco Polo where the guy on the mark has to shut his eyes but move and can demand a vocal clapback from the guy wanting to kick.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Have the player watch the umpire's eyes and if the umpire looks away, leap forward half a metre, into a new statue pose.

It's quite obvious to me that the AFL should replace the rules committee with RWO. We'd sort the game out in no time!

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    I love the fact some rules never change. Like every year there is an exception to the need to handball and the Bulldogs can just spill or drop or throw it. Great consistency that allows them to cheat year after year after year. I applaud the AFL for standing firm in favour of tradition.

Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    I love the fact some rules never change. Like every year there is an exception to the need to handball and the Bulldogs can just spill or drop or throw it. Great consistency that allows them to cheat year after year after year. I applaud the AFL for standing firm in favour of tradition.
    Thou shalt never be forgiven for thou fairytale of 2016, unless thou have earnest revenge taken against thou by those vanquished in error by thou awful scummy maggots.

- - - Updated - - -

It's quite obvious to me that the AFL should replace the rules committee with RWO. We'd sort the game out in no time!
    At least it'd be entertaining to watch more often. None of this move towards zones and crazy talk to open the game up, we'd be much more creative!
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast