Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Round 1: the other games. Are we there yet? Yes; yes we are.

The old prison bar debate has raised its head again. It's obvious we can't have two magpie teams with black and white stripes in the comp. And it's obvious Port are trying to chip away at that by getting heritage round, then derbies, then...
    Can't the AFL just make a statement. Derbies and heritage round only. No more. End of story.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    The old prison bar debate has raised its head again. It's obvious we can't have two magpie teams with black and white stripes in the comp. And it's obvious Port are trying to chip away at that by getting heritage round, then derbies, then...
    Can't the AFL just make a statement. Derbies and heritage round only. No more. End of story.
    I would have thought the obvious thing to do would be to just get rid of Collingwood. I mean Ed has gone, Joffa has "retired" apparently.
    What's left without their spiritual leaders? Nothing really.

Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    I would have thought the obvious thing to do would be to just get rid of Collingwood. I mean Ed has gone, Joffa has "retired" apparently.
    What's left without their spiritual leaders? Nothing really.
    The Hobart Magpies?

Now that Eddie's gone I dont feel the need to relocate the pies to Hobart.... as much.

I know it make sense on so many levels. The AFL has learnt its lesson from trying to relocate weak teams which the locals reject. Its obvious, youve got to put your best product into new markets, and a team like the pies will still retain a fairly strong melbourne following. Its obvious, but I cant see the AFL doing it. They dont like logic.
    Last edited by barry; 25th March 2021 at 03:12 PM.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456