Page 11 of 37 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 2 v Adelaide at the SCG

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Sloane has not coped with taggers in the recent past, must be a candidate to get a Hewett tag this week.

Adelaide press talking up rookie Jordan Butts to take on Buddy, nullified Hawkins last week.

A lot of talk on here about RB's knee but he doesn't feature in the injury report as a "test" so not sure why people think he will be? He played out the game well.
    Based on clubs injury update (video only) it’s wrongly dated by the club

Injury Update - March 2, 2021

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    AFL headline in 2039: Hawthorn fans furious! Academy prospect Franklin chooses the Swans.
    Yep, the 71 year old Clarko will also go nuts. There he will be, trying to celebrate his 35th year as Hawthorn coach, and Buddy Jnr wants
    to stay home at the Swans.

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    AFL headline in 2039: Hawthorn fans furious! Academy prospect Franklin chooses the Swans.
    By then the two teams will have merged to form the Shanghai Swan-Hawks

Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    Yep, the 71 year old Clarko will also go nuts. There he will be, trying to celebrate his 35th year as Hawthorn coach, and Buddy Jnr wants
    to stay home at the Swans.
    In response, newly appointed Swans coach, Errol Gulden, stated, "While we sympathise with Hawthorn's desire to get off the bottom of the table, perhaps they should look at what they can do, to once again make themselves a destination club. For instance, we don't believe that a preseason camp, that appears to be based on the classic film, The Hunger Games, is an effective way to attract new recruits."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    By then the two teams will have merged to form the Shanghai Swan-Hawks
    No one will ever play in a jersey, comprised of the colours: red, white, mustard and turd.

I feel for Lewis Jetta in the current year when there is so much emphasis on the quick play the ball and elite kicking skills - which he has oodles of. I think West Coast would have benefited by him this year more than previous years.

- - - Updated - - -

If Rowbottom is out, Stephens would be handy in.
    If we can get Sloane out of the game, and reduce his tackling effort somehow, the younger players in the Adelaide team will lose their spiritual leader and possibly lose their way.

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Laird is also hard to stop, he's evolved into a very good midfielder - but I think we should avoid tagging more than one opposition player. I like to see the Swans attacking.
    Last edited by Ruck'n'Roll; 25th March 2021 at 10:03 AM.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    The kiss of death: all 12 AFL experts picked the Swans to beat the Crows.

These are the same experts who all picked Geelong and Brisbane last week.
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Senior Player
    - - - Updated - - -

No one will ever play in a jersey, comprised of the colours: red, white, mustard and turd.

Especially considering the team will likely be owned by the Chinese government.
    Last edited by liz; 25th March 2021 at 10:18 AM. Reason: fixed quotation formatting

I am wondering how Buddy will be treated by the umpires under the statue rule this week as he swings out on his trademark arc in his run-up to kick for goal.

His has done this all through his career and arguably got away with it when a call of ‘play on’ should have been made.

Generally speaking the umpires were calling ‘play on’ in Round 1 to players who swung out to get around the statue, though Parker made a lot of ground before the call was made and then kicked a lovely goal.

On the other hand I saw an early call in another match which allowed the statue to move quickly enough to smother the kick. I’m a little nervous this could happen to Buddy particularly as he hasn’t had a lot of time to train under the new rule.

Suspended by the MRP
    Rowbottom didnt train yesterday, wont be playing

Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    Rowbottom didnt train yesterday, wont be playing
    What’s your source?

Suspended by the MRP
    Swans staff

Page 11 of 37 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast