Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 2 v Adelaide at the SCG

Buddy played a half today.. get him in the side next week. He'll be better for the hit out before we play Richmond in Round 3 in a top of the table clash

Quote Originally Posted by NeonBible View Post
    An idea on how to proceed .. The Blood’s views on Rowbottom are shared by no one. Nevertheless they are allowed to have that opinion. It doesnt have to make sense to us. TB if you must - keep on taking your shots at him if you think he is that much of a problem. You are right that hes not the only target of your ire. Let us do our best to ignore the opinions on RB that we can not change and respond to your other opinions which at least contribute to the discussions.

Sound good everyone ??
    Good call. I'm in.

I strongly disagree with TheBloods' player assessments, but defend his right to express his opinion.

I think it's been very civil of us on RWO to have dealt with this without the admonition of the moderators.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Good call. I'm in.

I strongly disagree with TheBloods' player assessments, but defend his right to express his opinion.

I think it's been very civil of us on RWO to have dealt with this without the admonition of the moderators.
    I dont disagree with all of them. Like his excitement in Warner. I agree that he is a talent. High praise of Cal Mills i agree with too. Just let the RB criticism be i say

I dont disagree with all of them. Like his excitement in Warner. I agree that he is a talent. High praise of Cal Mills i agree with too. Just let the RB criticism be i say
    I should have said some of his player assessments. I don't mind a little banter, even a lot of banter, as long as we keep it civilised. We just need to keep the conversation from escalating to ad hominem attacks.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    No brainer. Get the Budwa in. Straight swap for RB with Warner playing permanent mid
    More dribble than Sir Les Patterson.

The one clear change that I would make is Franklin for McLean.

Franklin is an upgrade to McLean and will improve the team.

Sam Reid can be the utility that gives you some value forward, ruck or defence.

I would like to get Stephen’s and McInerney back into the team in the short term. The team will really be elite at outside run and distribution with these guys in the team.

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    Quote Originally Posted by Bangalore Swans View Post

Franklin will be, once he has the match fitness to play a full game. He only played a half in the practice match so he may be a bit underdone.

I think he'll be included for round 3 (Richmond at the MCG).
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Bangalore Swans View Post

I think McLean is clearly the player who would make way from yesterday's side once Franklin is available. And, yes he's an upgrade (understatement) and will improve the team (probably, so long as the rest of the team allows him to become just part of the team, and not The Team).

But McLean could count himself somewhat unfortunate. He was pretty good. He moved well. He kicked well. He competed well.

He showed enough, IMO, to establish himself clearly in that group of 24-30 ranked players on our list who are clearly capable of coming in and making a solid contribution should need arise. That's a good place for the squad to be in.

Tom McCartin vs tex Walker would be good for Tom’s development. Tex had a day out against Geelong and would be raring to go. Or maybe he will have to take up Billy Frampton.
    Probably need someone to wrap up Sloane in the middle. The rest is all kids vs kids.
    Buddy is probably not ready for this game. With so many days away from the competition he needs more time and kms under his belt at AFL speed. Otherwise we may be looking at more soft tissue injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by SwanSand View Post
    Tom McCartin vs tex Walker would be good for Tom’s development. Tex had a day out against Geelong and would be raring to go. Or maybe he will have to take up Billy Frampton.
    Probably need someone to wrap up Sloane in the middle. The rest is all kids vs kids.
    Buddy is probably not ready for this game. With so many days away from the competition he needs more time and kms under his belt at AFL speed. Otherwise we may be looking at more soft tissue injuries.
    In every game, since Reg retired, Rampe has done the job on Walker. Walker is not a strong pack mark but is a powerhouse on a lead and when getting the ball on the deck. This is where Rampe has been his master with great closing speed and core strength. McCartin will get the second tall forward probably Frampton

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I think McLean is clearly the player who would make way from yesterday's side once Franklin is available. And, yes he's an upgrade (understatement) and will improve the team (probably, so long as the rest of the team allows him to become just part of the team, and not The Team).

But McLean could count himself somewhat unfortunate. He was pretty good. He moved well. He kicked well. He competed well.

He showed enough, IMO, to establish himself clearly in that group of 24-30 ranked players on our list who are clearly capable of coming in and making a solid contribution should need arise. That's a good place for the squad to be in.
    Totally agree, really liked his game - it was interesting how they used the big fellas (bar Logan), all having stints deep back at some point or another but Reid & McLean in particular spending plenty of time forward. Meant we were stretched at times down back (saw Cunningham v Daniher and Lloyd v Joe at points), but we managed to cope and seemed to keep the Lions guessing. Really their defenders had an awful day; I reckon Rich must have had about 6 goals kicked on him!

Regular in the Side
    Blog Entries
    Anyone that criticizes RB are obviously not watching the game. The kid is a gun.

Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast