Page 34 of 37 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637 LastLast

Thread: Round 2 v Adelaide at the SCG

Pushing for Selection
    Rampe was beaten by a truly great full forward yesterday. I cant agree with you about Hewitt in particular. I thought he had a good game.

- - - Updated - - -

Kennedy played his best game for a long time yesterday. He just has to realise he needs to dispose of the ball a split second before he thinks he should.

It's a shame Fox and Brand are injured, one of the two would be a perfect in for next week. Would definitely take Blakely out of the side for one of the two to play down back and Hewett to play more of a midfield role.

Because of our lack of KPDs, I think we'll need to shift Mills into the backline for next week. We really missed the aerial intercepting capabilities of Mills and Aliir this week. Heeney has also shown in the past he can play well in this role in defence. If I was coach I'd swap Hewett and Mills until Brand or Fox come back.
    Last edited by longmile; 28th March 2021 at 04:05 PM.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by rojo View Post
    Maybe we should take into account that McLean played back last week, tall, strong McLean. Take him out and replace him with ? and we have Rampe playing on Tex. I think that made a significant difference to the balance of the backline. I may not have noticed but it didn't seem as though Hickey or Sam Read got back there much to help out.
    McLean played forward last week

Pushing for Selection
    Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    It's a shame Fox and Brand are injured, one of the two would be a perfect in for next week. Would definitely take Blakely out of the side for one of the two to play down back and Hewett to play more of a midfield role.

Because of our lack of KPDs, I think we'll need to shift Mills into the backline for next week. We really missed the aerial intercepting capabilities of Mills and Aliir this week. Heeney has also shown in the past he can play well in this role in defence. If I was coach I'd swap Hewett and Mills until Brand or Fox come back.
    I was also thinking Mills may be needed in defence against certain teams. Richmond are one of those teams.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    His name is literally Chad.

If you're not "in" with internet culture, a chad is a term for someone seen as an alpha male
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    Yes I know his name is Chad but didn't know where "The Chad" came from. Thanks for explaining.
    True, his name is Chad and it does mean 'a sexually charged alpha male' but "The Chad" comes from the original Charlie's Angel's movie with Drew Barrymore, Cameron Diaz and Lucy Liu and a scene with Tom Greene. Check it out here: The Chad - YouTube

The scenes last words are "The Chad was great". Yes, he was.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by giant View Post
    The gulf in what qualified for HTB when they tackled versus us was jaw-dropping - literally two different interpretations and the bald git was mainly to blame as he often is.
    Another thing that annoyed me from our game was how quick the umpires were to call play on as soon as Buddy moved sideways when kicking for his first goal of the game.....when so far this season we have seen players take 3 to 4 steps to the side before being called to play on.....but in a heartbeat, two umpires called it when Bud took off! Apparently Fox Footy commentators said it was a double standard being applied to Buddy and weren't too happy about it. I agree with them.

It brings me back to a small article in the HS a few weeks back, titled "Buddy Rule Twist", which almost gleefully declared that the 'Buddy arc' is dead due to the new standing the mark rule. Well, so far we've seen a number of players arcing around to get a better angle to the goals, including Parker last week. I thought then 'nah, Buddy's arc will be fine' then lo and behold, he's called to play on as soon as he deviates. This is actually how it should be called but it hasn't.....until the Bud has his first shot at goal for the season. Very annoying.....and yes, a double standard.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    My theory is the sledging of the Hickey recruitment is based on his name. It makes him sound like a clunker. But his historical stats were good as a second ruck and he's played really well.
    I think it was more a case of he is with his fourth club.....if he can't make at the first three, then he might not have much to offer us. This has fortunately proven to be wrong.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    I thought McLean was named down back but played forward last week, so Buddy was a straight swap?
    Yes.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    Just get Blakey out he contributes nothing. Laast game Stephens played he had 19 possessions in a shortened match. Blakey will never get 19 possessions because he cant pick the ball up, just fumbles it and taps and soccers, runs around like a man on fire but not doing any damage with the footy.
    He had a quiet game this week but was great last week. Gee, I wouldn't want to be playing in a team with you as coach. You're way too vindictive. Having said that, there is pressure on for spots so you never know what they might do. Haywood is no longer the coaches pet.....and we do have to get RB back in!!

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by The Runner View Post
    Out: Lloyd and Kennedy
    In: Ling and Rowbottom
    Tadgh Kennelly gave Kennedy BOG votes yesterday.....he had 27 possessions and 8 clearances!
    Last edited by stevoswan; 28th March 2021 at 05:23 PM.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Ta. It looks like him and his missus, have now got a more comfy spot up in the stands. He looks to have aged a bit, though, over the last couple of years. Which I suppose happens, once you turn 90.
    Wow, he does look thinner! He's not going to make 100, probably not even 95. It will be a sad day when Kenny leaves us.

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Franklin . . . will improve the team (probably, so long as the rest of the team allows him to become just part of the team, and not The Team).
    As I hadn't seen him play in ages, I did my best to view his game with this perspective in mind.
    I saw him go looking for "Joe the Goose" goals, he got given two I think. He also seemed to give Logan the stink eye when the kid elected to take his set shot, and then he burnt another team-mate in a better position (and scored a point). I saw no evidence of coercion, just Buddy being Buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    McLean never played in the backline
    I think some people were confused by his being name down back last week, when in reality he played up forward last week - and did a great job keeping Harris Andrews out of the way. Wolfie somewhat added to the confusion by claiming he'd been training to play down back in the preseason.

Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post
    I really like Hickey, genuine ruck, works hard all around the ground and also looks a little wild and mad (in a good way).
    He's not as physically imposing as some rucks, but he's got that raw boned awkward yet effective thing happening, between that and the hair everywhere look - he reminds me ever so slightly of LRT.
    Last edited by Ruck'n'Roll; 28th March 2021 at 05:46 PM.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.