Page 6 of 37 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 2 v Adelaide at the SCG

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by aguy View Post
    The whole team was amazing last week. Tough to make any changes but I agree that the bud star has to play and horse has indicated that he will.

We can take courage from that win and know that our future without Buddy is in good hands so even if he does another injury at some point then we have the players to come in.

Two changes for me

OUT: McLean, Rowbottom ( let him get his knee right)

IN: Buddy, Stephens
    Seems like the obvious change if Rowbottom doesn't come up or they just want to rest him to make sure

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Shaker View Post
    Slightly off topic, but it discusses how Adelaide and Sydney adapted to the 2021 rules better than their opponents.

Adelaide evoke Beatles era as Swans join AFL penthouse party

And it's good to see Buddy's return. I was expecting Franklin to be out for one more week. I really hope Franklin and McDonald both play. As one career starts and another ends, we won't get to see them playing together too often, in much the same way that Kirk and Kelly only played 33 games together.
    The way I see it is if Franklin plays. even half fut he takes a good defender and frees up McDonald. I think McDonald has to play

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Shaker View Post
    Slightly off topic, but it discusses how Adelaide and Sydney adapted to the 2021 rules better than their opponents.

Adelaide evoke Beatles era as Swans join AFL penthouse party

And it's good to see Buddy's return. I was expecting Franklin to be out for one more week. I really hope Franklin and McDonald both play. As one career starts and another ends, we won't get to see them playing together too often, in much the same way that Kirk and Kelly only played 33 games together.
    The way I see it is if Franklin plays. even half fut he takes a good defender and frees up McDonald. I think McDonald has to play

Veterans List
    Two tall forwards, a frequently rotating mix of two of Buddy, Reid and McDonald, Reid to do ruck chop out and defense late in quarters.

Looking forward to seeing Buddy leading onto some quality passes from the midfield, as I'm sure he is himself. Sounds like Buddy will be managed over the season, long WA trips probably out

Crows not to be taken lightly, were mighty impressive against the Cats. Not sure who their key defenders are, rookie Butts played on Hawkins last week in the absence of Talia. I would be delighted with a solid Swans win however

Interesting to learn that Buddy will NOT be playing every week this season. He's going to be managed: John Longmire Press Conference - 22 March 2021 - YouTube.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Some interesting theories on Buddy

Half game, subbed out, Logan out etc etc

No brainer, he had his half a game run, he plays for Mclean.

Logan up the ground on a lead was awesome, young KPF normally dont have those smarts and stay stagnant and out of position.

Id say he an Bud will rotate that role. Bud will be unstopable 70m out if the man on the mark cant move laterally

Only risk is being Buddy centric but that was normally a symptom of limited options fwd thru poor ball movement. The way we moved last week we shouldnt have those concerns

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    Get Mcinerney in.

Rowbottom out knee, Mclean dropped

Hayward as sub again maybe use him if Bud cant run the game out
    Did Hayward play the practice match on Sunday? If not he should be playing reserves this week, if there is a game. I am not in favour of subs being the same 2 weeks in a row. If we keep our injuries down then the weekly selection will be tough.

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Did Hayward play the practice match on Sunday? If not he should be playing reserves this week, if there is a game. I am not in favour of subs being the same 2 weeks in a row. If we keep our injuries down then the weekly selection will be tough.
    Mclean then. Hes not much but hes a forward, could replace Bud if we need him to

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    Mclean then. Hes not much but hes a forward, could replace Bud if we need him to
    Good call.

Lance is not only great goal kicker, but also adds to the laser field kicking brigade. If we see Lance miss some games this year for body management purposes, it could be those games with 6 day breaks, particularly those away.

The Swans will bring to AFL what the 3 point shot brought to basketball. We have so many players who can hammer the ball from 50 out that we never have to bomb it into the goal square again. The field completely opens up for us. We just need to find an opening around 50 out and then get the ball to any number of a slew of players to launch the ball at goal. Opposition defenders will be forced to spread out to cover more space, opening gaps closer to goal. Once we get the knack of doing this, we'll be hard to stop.

Maybe Bud takes Haywards spot as SUB.

Quote Originally Posted by bennyfabulous View Post
    Maybe Bud takes Haywards spot as SUB.
    LOL. But it may not be a bad idea to have him as the sub a few times this year to reduce his work load. The downside is that it's an unpredictable situation and not one for someone being 'managed.'

Pushing for Selection
    I think that makes a lot of sense. Someone suggested that earlier.

Play him for about 2 quarters when the opposition is getting fatigued.

And use him as a decoy more than we have in the past when as posters on here said we became buddy centric.

It still feels weird that Bud will play. Up until this morning I wasn’t sure he’d play this year, based on what we have or haven’t heard about his progress.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 6 of 37 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast