8 Taylor Walker (ADEL)
    5 Tom McCartin (SYD)
    5 Braeden Campbell (SYD)
    4 Jordan Dawson (SYD)
    3 Ben Keays (ADEL)
    2 Errol Gulden (SYD)
    2 Chad Warner (SYD)
    1 Isaac Heeney (SYD)

Which is looking good for a rising star nomination for Braeden. As far as I can tell, no other eligible players are in the votes. Warner or McDonald next week?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Coaches votes for the match.

8 Taylor Walker (ADEL)
    5 Tom McCartin (SYD)
    5 Braeden Campbell (SYD)
    4 Jordan Dawson (SYD)
    3 Ben Keays (ADEL)
    2 Errol Gulden (SYD)
    2 Chad Warner (SYD)
    1 Isaac Heeney (SYD)

Which is looking good for a rising star nomination for Braeden. As far as I can tell, no other eligible players are in the votes. Warner or McDonald next week?
    Well, no other eligible players from other clubs. Warner's eligible, as is Gulden, but he's already got a nomination.

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    Quote Originally Posted by Bangalore Swans View Post
    Many years ago I had the privilege to get a pass to the Swans after match function.

I said hello to a few regular celebrities, even Irene from Home and Away, but I was too shy to go and introduce myself to Kenny.

The man was the main star of the room.
    Considering Kenny's probably the only living person who has watched three Swans premierships in person, he's Swans royalty. Hail King Kenny!
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Coaches' votes

8 Taylor WALKER (ADEL)
    5 Tom McCARTIN (SYD)
    5 Braeden CAMPBELL (SYD)
    4 Jordan DAWSON (SYD)
    3 Ben KEAYS (ADEL)
    2 Errol GULDEN (SYD)
    2 Chad WARNER (SYD)
    1 Isaac HEENEY (SYD)

Breakdown

Walker 4-4
    McCartin 5-0
    Campbell 5-0
    Dawson 3-1
    Keays 3-0
    Gulden 2-0
    Warner 2-0
    Heeney 1-0

or

Walker 5-3
    Campbell/McCartin One 5-0, the other 4-1
    Dawson 4-0
    Keays 3-0
    Gulden 2-0
    Warner 2-0
    Heeney 1-0
    One of those unusual breakdowns where the coaches don't see it the same way at all. Especially strange with McCartin and Campbell. Campbell has received a lot of attention for his good game and it's terrific to see McCartin get the same level of recognition because he had a great game too.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

No votes for Kennedy! Did Tadhg phone it in?

Young Braeden joins his mate Errol as a rising star nominee.

Two for two: Another Swan rewarded with Rising Star nod

Veterans List

Cue more anti Academy outrage from Vic Central!

Veterans List

I suspect his main competition was Warner and McDonald! Fantastic to see our coaches votes spread among our kids (except those couple of "old" blokes, Heeney and Dawson).

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Cue more anti Academy outrage from Vic Central!
    It would be nice if the rookie listed Marc Sheather had a burst of form and earned himself a late season rising star nomination. I think he's our only other chance of an academy graduate getting a nomination?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by giant View Post
    I suspect his main competition was Warner and McDonald! Fantastic to see our coaches votes spread among our kids (except those couple of "old" blokes, Heeney and Dawson).
    Yes, it's easy to see those two getting a nomination, in the not too distant future. And Stephens, once he gets a run. Possibly Gould later in the year.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    One of those unusual breakdowns where the coaches don't see it the same way at all. Especially strange with McCartin and Campbell. Campbell has received a lot of attention for his good game and it's terrific to see McCartin get the same level of recognition because he had a great game too.
    I think McCartin has been oustanding in a backline that, imho hasn't performed as well as we are used to (in no small part because no team has clearly worked out how to manage the new rules in a defensive sense). By far the most composed of our defenders. Its a strange dynamic at the moment - as one of the commentators was saying on the weekend (one of the few reasonable points made), really feels like in the new game rules of 2021, a defender can have 5 or 6 kicked on them, but easily still have had an outstanding game. Life for defenders has got a lot tougher then once was. What is clear in that regard is just how important ground work defensively this year is going to be. We hear so much about the abilty to follow up the forwards when it goes to ground, but equally defenders are going to need to be a lot more adept at following up on the ground too, because there will be less protection from a weight of numbers as there once was.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Quote Originally Posted by NeonBible View Post
    I am gobsmacked at what this Swans team has been able to do so far in 2021. Always believed we were capable and that this list full of young talent would go far but holy heck i did NOT think it would come together THIS quickly ! To have scored 246 points combined in our first 2 rounds ! Errol, Braeden and Logan on fire ! Heeney back to his best! BUDDY on the field by round 2! Warner and Sammy Wicks coming out of nowhere!! Jmac returning back to his best like he never missed any footy! HICKEY becoming a genuine dominant big man! Tom McCartin already shaping up as our next great star defender - a Bloods tradition! - its so surprising. But so wonderful to see. I cant speak highly enough of the coaching job of John Longmire to wrangle all these moving parts into a cohesive game thats as exciting to watch as it is difficult for opposition teams to stop !! Cant help but wonder the positive impact Don Pyke has had too.... he might be an even better off season recruit than the Hick!!!

And we did this all without Jimmy Rowbottom! We did feel his absence at times today but anyone under the impression that he will not walk back into this team when ready is sorely mistaken!!

A humbling experience in store for us against the Tigs in all likelihood. I will be there, screaming, cheering, singing "Ohh Errol !" But who knows what this Swans juggernaut could do! Bloody excited to find out !!

Cheer cheer !!
    This.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Veteran Site Admin
    I've shifted all the posts (I hope - PM me if you see one I missed) discussing the match day experience to a new thread. I suspect this is an issue that will extend beyond round 2 so I figured it made sense to have a specific thread.

Please use that thread for further discussion on the quantity / quality / volume of sound at the game, or other observations related to the non-footy experience at the game.

I've also added a poll. (Despite posting on RWO for nearly two decades, its my first ever poll created. So don't be too rude about the options provided. And yes, I know, there's no ROK is hot.)

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I've shifted all the posts (I hope - PM me if you see one I missed) discussing the match day experience to a new thread. I suspect this is an issue that will extend beyond round 2 so I figured it made sense to have a specific thread.
    Good idea liz, I think it's a topic worthy of discussion but separate to the football game itself. Really appreciate your moderation efforts.