Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Rnd.3 V Richmond.

Rnd.3 V Richmond.

Should be a fascinating game. It will give us a really good idea of where we stand. I would be really surprised if Rowbotton has recovered so the only change for me would be Stevens for Ling as the sub.

We are in a really nice position early in the season with our injury list whereby really good players are under pressure to keep their places in the side. I'd be happy to keep the same side but if Rowbottom is okay then he does come straight back in. For me, Blakey is the most under pressure. He had a pretty average game yesterday with the kick off the ground right on the sideline that went out on the full really annoying.

I was in Melb today (on a holiday) and my partner said lets go watch Richmond vs the Hawks at the MCG

was a fascinating game to watch live...........the amount of work Richmond do off the ball on the Hawks forwards is unbelievable actually.

The Hawks had lots of opportunities but the Richmond backs do so much pushing shoving off the ball way before the ball is even coming in.............in comparison the Hawks just dont have the same physical presence in defence which hurt them massively today.
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    It's going to be 2nd vs 3rd. IMO that makes it the match of the round because it's the only game between two undefeated sides.
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    I was in Melb today (on a holiday) and my partner said lets go watch Richmond vs the Hawks at the MCG

was a fascinating game to watch live...........the amount of work Richmond do off the ball on the Hawks forwards is unbelievable actually.

The Hawks had lots of opportunities but the Richmond backs do so much pushing shoving off the ball way before the ball is even coming in.............in comparison the Hawks just dont have the same physical presence in defence which hurt them massively today.
    They must have learnt from Rance: who always seemed to have some sort cloak of invisibility, where umpires could never see his illegalities.

The outs definitely hurt the Hawks
    no scully
    no Wingard
    no Sicily

ones to watch are Jiath and Brockman.........exciting players 21 and 18 yrs of age respectively

PS - honestly it was unbelievable how much pushing the Tigers do in back play.......it was double the Hawks when watching it live.........I hope we can match their negating work as they made it so hard for the Hawks forwards to lead and or make space...........it was like the Hawks forwards had no chance to get to the ball. Grimes never stops all game !!!

Suspended by the MRP
    In Stephens
    Out Blakey

Tag Dusty

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post

I think Richmond will physically target our draftees.

Ins

Stephen’s
    Rowbottom
    Heywood

Outs

Hewitt
    Wicks
    McDonald

Rowbottom inclusion if fit is non-negotiable.

We bring in Stephen’s to ad more run and creatively. Hewitt makes way. Need Stephen’s run to counter the Richmond run.

Heywood comes in to play as a defensive forward against Grimes or Vaulastin. Make sure Richmond defenders can’t intercept mark. Heywood did that job well last season. McDonald gets a rest and is a non-negotiable inclusion for week 4.

Mills to play 100% against Dusty. Can follow Dusty into the midfield or play as a defender on Dusty when he goes forward. Great test for Mills as Dusty is perhaps the AFL all time GOAT.

Will be a great game to watch strategy wise. It’s effectively Hardwick V Clarkson. The Swans are now effectively playing Clarkson’s game plan of 2013-2015. Will Clarkson’s game plan be able to out do Hardwick’s dominant game plan.

David King will never have more fun in the lab analysing the strategy possibilities of this Swans V Richmond game.

Premiership players Houli and Vlastuin were missing from the Tigers today and will be very welcome additions against the Swans. The new 2021 style of footy fast fast fast transitions will no doubt work well for Houli

should be a very interesting game and hopefully fun to watch

PS for me there is no way I would drop Wicks as yet

Veterans List
    It's going to be hot on Saturday...forecast is 31 degrees!

We haven't run a hard tag yet this year, but if we did, it would bring Ryan Clarke into the mix.

Outside that, Rowbottom will come back in if fit. We'll probably rest a young mid (eg Warner).
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast