Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Rnd.3 V Richmond.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    Christ
    Out injured He's at the crossroads of his career.

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Out injured He's at the crossroads of his career.
    Its the first im hearing of any injury . He was our best player on saturday. Cant afford to lose him until Warner is ready to take the mantle

Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    Its the first im hearing of any injury . He was our best player on saturday. Cant afford to lose him until Warner is ready to take the mantle
    I was referring to the availability of "Christ." sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by Bangalore Swans View Post
    Ins

Stephen’s
    Rowbottom
    Heywood

Outs

Hewitt
    Wicks
    McDonald

Rowbottom inclusion if fit is non-negotiable.

We bring in Stephen’s to ad more run and creatively. Hewitt makes way. Need Stephen’s run to counter the Richmond run.

Heywood comes in to play as a defensive forward against Grimes or Vaulastin. Make sure Richmond defenders can’t intercept mark. Heywood did that job well last season. McDonald gets a rest and is a non-negotiable inclusion for week 4.

Mills to play 100% against Dusty. Can follow Dusty into the midfield or play as a defender on Dusty when he goes forward. Great test for Mills as Dusty is perhaps the AFL all time GOAT.

Will be a great game to watch strategy wise. It’s effectively Hardwick V Clarkson. The Swans are now effectively playing Clarkson’s game plan of 2013-2015. Will Clarkson’s game plan be able to out do Hardwick’s dominant game plan.

David King will never have more fun in the lab analysing the strategy possibilities of this Swans V Richmond game.
    Remember that Richmond were mediocre in the era when Hawks were dominant, still Richmond had the wood on Hawks in that era.

I would back Longmire to have a clear game strategy - that too Plan A, B, C against Richmond. I think the younger players will be excited to give it back to Richmond given they want to test themselves.

We need to bring the ball to the ground in forward half and three talls are essential but we also need extra tall in the back half. I think Hickey will need to work over time to cover the ground - MCG. It would be difficult. We need Blakey to cover Macintosh on the wing. I think we have the firepower in the front half, not sure if we have enough leg speed and tactical nous in the middle and maybe not enough tall timber in the back half. Rampe on Jack and Tom on Tom would be good battle.

Would be a great game to watch what Longmire does. Maybe he goes to the defensive game style and calls it our grand final and gets everyone fired up.
    Last edited by SwanSand; 29th March 2021 at 10:27 AM.

Senior Player
    We've generally matched up well against Richmond in recent years, even when they've been dominant. Buddy has to stay in, the space and the stage of the MCG will suit him perfectly, I think Longmire is playing ducks and drakes.

If Rowbottom is fit, Blakey goes out for mine. It's a tough call but McInerney produced more and the Lizard has had a slow start to the season.

It's nice to have no injuries and quality depth, with Stephens, Hayward, Melican, Gray Clarke and Taylor and not even under consideration

Quote Originally Posted by Bangalore Swans View Post
    Ins

Stephen’s
    Rowbottom
    Heywood

Outs

Hewitt
    Wicks
    McDonald

Rowbottom inclusion if fit is non-negotiable.

We bring in Stephen’s to ad more run and creatively. Hewitt makes way. Need Stephen’s run to counter the Richmond run.

Heywood comes in to play as a defensive forward against Grimes or Vaulastin. Make sure Richmond defenders can’t intercept mark. Heywood did that job well last season. McDonald gets a rest and is a non-negotiable inclusion for week 4.

Mills to play 100% against Dusty. Can follow Dusty into the midfield or play as a defender on Dusty when he goes forward. Great test for Mills as Dusty is perhaps the AFL all time GOAT.

Will be a great game to watch strategy wise. It’s effectively Hardwick V Clarkson. The Swans are now effectively playing Clarkson’s game plan of 2013-2015. Will Clarkson’s game plan be able to out do Hardwick’s dominant game plan.

David King will never have more fun in the lab analysing the strategy possibilities of this Swans V Richmond game.
    I don't agree with these changes

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    I’d like to see Rampe on Dusty in defence and Mills on him in the middle. Not sure if we have the height in defence to use Rampe like that, but I think he’s quick enough and strong enough to negate him.

Maybe even cheeky enough to play off him and keep him honest.

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    I was referring to the availability of "Christ." sorry!
    Well it is Easter who knows

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by graemed View Post
    If our game was on Monday ...
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Quote Originally Posted by Industrial Fan View Post
    I’d like to see Rampe on Dusty in defence and Mills on him in the middle. Not sure if we have the height in defence to use Rampe like that, but I think he’s quick enough and strong enough to negate him.

Maybe even cheeky enough to play off him and keep him honest.
    I'd go with that and with Reid playing in defence to go with one of Richmond's talls. I'd possibly also be sounding out any of our NSW bred players, to see if they have any rugby league background. A tackling technique of coming from beneath the fend off and driving up into the ribs, could be useful against Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by graemed View Post
    They were going to put him in last week, but they couldn't remember his name.
    "Oh, Jesus Christ! What's his name!?"

If Rampe plays on Dusty, we will potentially be one tall defender short. If Mills plays on Dusty (mid and back) that solves the problem, although that's not enough of a reason to do so.
    I always wonder why players don't duck their heads when they try to tackle Dusty in the hope of getting under his fend off, or getting a fend off to the head (i.e. milking a free kick)

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast