Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: Rnd.3 V Richmond.

Quote Originally Posted by Bangalore Swans View Post
    It’s a fact that Lance Franklin is going to play either round 3 or round 4. He won’t play both rounds due to a 5 day break. This fact has been put out there in the media.

We therefore have to pick round 3 or 4 for Buddy? I pick round 4 because it’s a home game at the SCG and the ticket and marketing opportunities are more important to a club that didn’t do well financially last year. It will be better for Buddy’s family to have him stick around Sydney. It’s tough for modern day fathers to have to jump on a plane for work when their is a new baby at home.

I think you also need to rest Campbell, Guldon and McDonald at various points of the season. It’s a tough ask for those guys to back up 5 days after a flight to Melbourne and a game against the toughest team in football. Those three guys are very important for the Swans ability to score 100 points and entertain.

You bring in a fresh Buddy, McDonald, Campbell and Guldon in for a Thursday night game you know it’s going to be fun and entertaining and that makes you want to go to the football.

Imagine the entertainment loss if before the Essendon game you knew that Buddy and a couple of the young stars would be out. It may not be as appealing match to go and see.
    I really don't think that "ticket and marketing opportunities" will be on the mind of the selectors in picking our team this week. It will come down to factors such as how players are feeling, availability and managing players (young and old).

This coming game against the reigning premiers at the home of football with a big crowd is the biggest game that we have played for 3 seasons. Its an ideal opportunity to give our young guns exposure against the best. A perfect learning opportunity. Therefore, I think they will all play.

Buddy's situation will depend on how his body is going and management of his playing minutes. My best guess, for what its worth, is that he will most likely play along with the youngsters.

Quote Originally Posted by SwanSand View Post
    Knowing Longmire he would want to be in touch with the tigers score at halftime and the then open up the play. gulden to play defensive forward on short? wouldn’t mind Warner on Dusty in the middle. Mills to play middle and back.
    Buddy should play this game unless they want him to play the next game which may be easier with more goals. If Buddy out, let’s go Callum Sinclair. Grimes is an aerobic beast and McLean won’t be able to stretch him but Sinclair may offer more height in the forward half.
    Sinclair?. Yeah, nah.

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    They must have learnt from Rance: who always seemed to have some sort cloak of invisibility, where umpires could never see his illegalities.
    And based on last week, I wouldn't expect any help from the umpires either.

My biggest gripe last week was not the HTB decisions (which I thought were pretty fairly adjudicated), but the fact that defenders seem to be able to pull and hold Buddy when he's on the lead. They are clearly impeding the player, but the umpires seem to have a view that because Buddy is such a good player it's fair to impede him like that.

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    I was referring to the availability of "Christ." sorry!
    Reminds me of the chalkboard outside the church in Geelong in the 80s that had the message "What would you do if Jesus came to Geelong?".

Underneath some wag had written "Move Ablett to centre half forward".

Justin Leppitsch has tossed up a left-field idea on how Sydney should attempt to clamp Dustin Martin this weekend.

Leppitsch's left-field suggestion on how Sydney can stop Dusty

The former Tigers assistant coach would like to see Swans key defender Dane Rampe tag Martin and follow him around the ground.

“I do have a left-field one. This is the one I’d love to see. Sam Reid back and Dane Rampe all the way with Dustin Martin,” Leppitsch told SEN’s Whateley.

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Justin Leppitsch has tossed up a left-field idea on how Sydney should attempt to clamp Dustin Martin this weekend.

The former Tigers assistant coach would like to see Swans key defender Dane Rampe tag Martin and follow him around the ground.

“I do have a left-field one. This is the one I’d love to see. Sam Reid back and Dane Rampe all the way with Dustin Martin,” Leppitsch told SEN’s Whateley.
    I also had Rampe in mind to do the Dusty tagging but I changed my mind when people began suggesting Mills who i now think is the better option. Already plays midfield and has defence experience to follow Dusty when he goes forward and can also match him in the air. The Rampe option would throw our defence structure out of whack and Reid has never played in defence for a full game.

Quote Originally Posted by KSAS View Post
    I also had Rampe in mind to do the Dusty tagging but I changed my mind when people began suggesting Mills who i now think is the better option. Already plays midfield and has defence experience to follow Dusty when he goes forward and can also match him in the air. The Rampe option would throw our defence structure out of whack and Reid has never played in defence for a full game.
    Agree re: Mills. However I would still move Reid down back for this game. We need another KPD for this game and he's our best option at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post

I wouldn't mind that.
    Even further left field, but possibly worth considering, is having Wicks tag him. On the plus side, Wicks is probably our best tackler, is very quick, has a big tank and is a bit in your face.

On the negative side, getting in Dusty's face might just make him angry, I'm not sure if Wicks has ever tagged before, and his natural habitat is forward of centre. But hey, it could be fun to watch.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post
    Looks like preparation for this game could be less than ideal, thanks to the Brisbane COVID outbreak
    Update: sounds like preparation should be little different than usual. I must ignore the media noise!

Swans able to train and play under current directive

I wouldn't mind that.
    Even further left field, but possibly worth considering, is having Wicks tag him. On the plus side, Wicks is probably our best tackler, is very quick, has a big tank and is a bit in your face.

On the negative side, getting in Dusty's face might just make him angry, I'm not sure if Wicks has ever tagged before, and his natural habitat is forward of centre. But hey, it could be fun to watch.
    I think Wicks will do a negative forward roll on Short similar to what he done on Smith

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Warner on Dusty when he is in the middle. (look and learn exposure)

Hard tag from Hewitt when he is forward.

Considered Parker as he is hard enough, however the speed may be an issue and we need his drive when it is our turn.

All team approach.

Or no tag at all and just don't kick the ball near him. And heavy tackle from 2 or more players at a time when he collects it!

If you have to much Martin focus the rest of the team will hurt you.

I wouldn't mind that.

he tagged Brodie Smith out of the crows game.

Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast