Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2021 Swans Academy thread

Seems the games are still available on you tube at the above links if anyone wants to watch.

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Senior Player
    Excellent interview. Host does an outstanding and surprisingly positive job. Helped that he had lived in Brisbane and Sydney and hasn't had the total Victorian brainwashing. Sam Hargreaves is his name. Hope he doesn't get ostracized by his colleagues!

Game two against the Giants is on this weekend at Blacktown.

There is a link in academy facebook page to youtube for live telecast - its on a youtube channel called Sportscast.

U19s are at 2:45pm , 17s at 12:30.

This has a bit more information, including the selected teams.

QBE Sydney Swans Academy: Hungry to get better

Pfrengle going out injured is a loss, as I thought he was our best in the first game against the Giants. Showed enough as a tall defender, to suggest that he's a decent chance to be drafted. Later in the game, he then went forward and looked to be our most dangerous option. IIRC, Edwards also showed a bit as a KPF. While obviously a bit raw, he seems to have strength, talent and a booming kick. Of the midfielders in that game, I thought that Roseby and Wilson were pretty good: although Wilson is out injured for this game.

Of the inclusions, I recall Puncher doing a few good things as an underager, a couple of years ago. Or maybe it's just the name sticking in my mind? There's also somebody named Jasper Crouch playing. I had a bit of a search, to see if he's related to Jared Crouch, but I couldn't find anything to confirm or deny.

And let's just hope the coverage is a bit better this time. Last time, I gave up halfway through the replay of the U-17s game. This was partly because the muddy picture quality, made it difficult to see which player was doing what. But it was more because, the scores that they showed throughout the games, were constantly and bewilderingly wrong. I just couldn't see how they could get it so relentlessly incorrect. I came up with two main theories. One was that they entrusted the scoring to someone who had no experience of the game, so that every time that a team scored, they just guessed what it might be worth. The other theory was a strange computer glitch, in which, if an operator entered in that a goal was scored, then that goal was randomly assigned a value from 0 to 7. It was genuinely bizarre.

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    This has a bit more information, including the selected teams.

QBE Sydney Swans Academy: Hungry to get better

Pfrengle going out injured is a loss, as I thought he was our best in the first game against the Giants. Showed enough as a tall defender, to suggest that he's a decent chance to be drafted. Later in the game, he then went forward and looked to be our most dangerous option. IIRC, Edwards also showed a bit as a KPF. While obviously a bit raw, he seems to have strength, talent and a booming kick. Of the midfielders in that game, I thought that Roseby and Wilson were pretty good: although Wilson is out injured for this game.

Of the inclusions, I recall Puncher doing a few good things as an underager, a couple of years ago. Or maybe it's just the name sticking in my mind? There's also somebody named Jasper Crouch playing. I had a bit of a search, to see if he's related to Jared Crouch, but I couldn't find anything to confirm or deny.

And let's just hope the coverage is a bit better this time. Last time, I gave up halfway through the replay of the U-17s game. This was partly because the muddy picture quality, made it difficult to see which player was doing what. But it was more because, the scores that they showed throughout the games, were constantly and bewilderingly wrong. I just couldn't see how they could get it so relentlessly incorrect. I came up with two main theories. One was that they entrusted the scoring to someone who had no experience of the game, so that every time that a team scored, they just guessed what it might be worth. The other theory was a strange computer glitch, in which, if an operator entered in that a goal was scored, then that goal was randomly assigned a value from 0 to 7. It was genuinely bizarre.
    To give some context to the 19s team - 9 are under 19s and the remaining are 18s. Puncher played in the under 18 game last year and kicked three goals one game so probably where you remember him.

Opti-pessi-misti
    A copy of the SEN interview with Jarred Crouch should be sent to Gil McLaughlin and all Vic media show hosts!

Puncher is certainly a striking name!
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    "TJ Speedy Coe"?
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruck'n'Roll View Post
    "TJ Speedy Coe"?
    If that's meant to be a great sounding name, I remember this topic came up before and there were some fabulous ones from the US. Sadly, I can't remember what they were were - but maybe someone else can tell us?

My favourite local name was from league: Fuifui Moimoi.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast