Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2021 Swans Academy thread

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    He's in the Under 17 QBE Swans Academy team
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Not sure how I missed it before, but playing in the U-17s is Indhi Kirk; Brett Kirk's son.

This Saturday, at 2.15, our academy team has its first Nab League game of the season, against Gippsland Power. It looks like it will have a live stream. The below article has a quick preview and handily gives the numbers of the selected players.

QBE Sydney Swans Academy: Time to test ourselves

In the photo, the guy in the middle is Angus Anderson, who I thought was best on ground, in the second match against GWS; as a creative midfielder, who can get the ball. Hopefully, he'll put in another quality performance. Next to him, wearing 35, is the young ruckman, Mortimer; who seems closer to 210cm than 200cm. Looked handy in the ruck, but I'd like to see him do more around the ground, before I get too enthused. Another player who I'm fairly keen to see again, is the 32, Edwards. He's key position size and did pretty well against GWS, playing both forward and back. Still seems a bit raw, but does have a booming kick.

A couple of guys who did well against GWS, but won't be playing on the weekend, are Pfrengle and Smit. I thought Pfrengle was BOG in the first game, playing mainly as a kpd. While Smit is a lively forward, who kicked four in the second game. And speaking of lively forwards, I'm guessing that Will Papley will be in the Gippsland side.

But all up, this and the next two games, should give us some sort of idea, if there's any likely draft prospects, and also, the relative strength of our academy program.
    Last edited by dejavoodoo44; 20th May 2021 at 03:11 PM.

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    I'm pretty sure Marco Rossman was available to be drafted last year, so he's benefited with the shift from U18 to U19
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruck'n'Roll View Post
    I'm pretty sure Marco Rossman was available to be drafted last year, so he's benefited with the shift from U18 to U19
    Yes, I think that's right. And there's probably a few underagers as well.

I'm getting the impression, that the streaming of this game, will only be through the NAB League phone app. I had a look at YouTube and there's no sign of a link, or any recently streamed games.

If you plan to watch the game, it might be wise to give yourself ten minutes or so, to download the app, create an account, etc.

Thought I'd check the functionality of the NAB League app, before the game starts. Currently, there's four games being played. Of these, one game doesn't seem to have a link and another has a link, that so far, has just resulted in error messages. With the two games that can be accessed, neither has commentary or a scorebox. So, I'll be surprised if we get anything but a bare bones coverage.

Also, it seems that the links can only be accessed from the top of the home page, rather than the fixtures section. I thought maybe the fixtures would give some live stats, but that doesn't appear to be the case.

Quarter of an hour in and the only thing that the link to our game has generated, is error messages. Grrr.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Quarter of an hour in and the only thing that the link to our game has generated, is error messages. Grrr.
    Its only our game that's not working too : (
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

Quote Originally Posted by Scottee View Post
    Its only our game that's not working too : (
    Yes, I've been occasionally checking the link, while watching the Suns v Cats game. Still nothing but an error message. What's even more annoying, is that back in 2019, the coverage was both on YouTube and the NAB League app. There was also live stats on both the NAB League app and the Footy Live app. Now we've just got a cone of silence.

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Yes, I've been occasionally checking the link, while watching the Suns v Cats game. Still nothing but an error message. What's even more annoying, is that back in 2019, the coverage was both on YouTube and the NAB League app. There was also live stats on both the NAB League app and the Footy Live app. Now we've just got a cone of silence.
    We are leading 68 to 57 at the end of the third quarter. Scores are available on the Gippsland Power game day site.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGong View Post
    We are leading 68 to 57 at the end of the third quarter. Scores are available on the Gippsland Power game day site.
    Ta. It's now 99-61 late in the fourth.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast